Author Topic: Madder knife  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Bone pile

Madder knife
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:45:47 pm »
I know everyone thinks skinning and meat cutting when stone tools are discussed.Well me and my better half went picking madders today and got us a bunch,here's some .

Well looking at the fruits of our labor I suddenly got the urge for a big juicy madder sandwich.I thought it would be cool to make a knife and get to eatin' a few .I dug out a chunk of that ledge flint we got last weekend and made this knife

I didn't bother with a handle,and boy it works just fine,now to pick a few peaches and make the meal complete
Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Madder knife
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 07:39:29 pm »
 Nice looking Mader's and a real nice looking Newnan. I'm cooking rock today and the boats are loaded for tomorrow. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline AncientArcher76

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 07:41:29 pm »
Thats cool Id have to say thats one heck of a load of tomatoes!  U cut them better with stone then some people do with a metal knife!  Good job!
Time, dedication, cuts, tons of broken rock, a wife, and perhaps a few girlfriends are some of what it takes in becoming a skilled flint knapper!!!

"Ancient Art"  by R. Hill

Offline jcinpc

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:31:28 pm »
Nice Roger, and yes I will get you some rock tomorrow. Your the one that lives in a "rock challenged" area, not I.

Folks, those tomato`s are now selling at the U-pick farms for $1 a bucket load.Everything is blooming late and the markets are already flooded, same with our Blueberries here and Strawberries were the same a few months ago. That freeze we had for 2 weeks really hurt the farmers, of course we had over 30+ sinkholes just within a few miles of my house from all the farmers over watering to protect the crops

Offline piper

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:49:53 pm »
bone ,,,Those madder pic's just ant right..Mine are the size of tennis balls...Man I would like to have a good madder sandwitch right now or maybe a BLT....And a glass of your wine..........Life is GOOD.....Thanks for the encouragement ........Curt
It's hard to ride two horses when you only have one ass

Western North Carolina

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 11:47:34 pm »
That does it! I'm gonna go cook some frog legs. All them maters are makin me hongry ;D
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline jcinpc

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 12:39:27 am »
dang that sucks, I`m eating capn crunch

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 12:44:17 am »
Excellent point and super haul of maters. Can't wait till mine produce.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 02:16:06 am »
       mine are the Size of Grapes right now....must be nice to have 9 months of Growing Season........ :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline jcinpc

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 03:14:29 am »
we actually grow year round.I quit growing tomatos when I realized a good freind wons a tomato packing house andI can buy a 20lb box of 2nds for $3

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 09:16:09 am »
Yeah I only grow a few maders but lots of peppers and onions.We'll can alot of those and make salsa etc.We picked a bucket full of romas for sauce.My son came into town last night went out to the table and started grazing,He had 3 gone before I told him to help himself.I have a couple more smaller peices of that ledge flint we'll see what they'll produce.
Venice Florida

Lombard

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 11:59:57 am »
Nice knife, and your tomatoes look good too.

Offline billy

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 12:10:23 pm »
Dude....I absolutely LOVE tomatoes!!!!!   To hell with flint....you can send me a box of some Maters instead!!!   ;D ;D
Marietta, Georgia