Author Topic: Nice feature article on 'Southern Roots'  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
Nice feature article on 'Southern Roots'
« on: April 22, 2010, 06:37:36 pm »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Nice feature article on 'Southern Roots'
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 11:00:56 pm »
 That is one, nice article, Jimmy. And I, like you, miss the days when life was simple and innocent. I live in the town I grew up in and as I drive around,  It's hard not to relive the memories of riding bicycles through the neighborhoods and fishing in the lakes before all the Shopping Centers were built on there Banks.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:32:03 am »
Very nice Jimmy.See ya in a few days. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ranger B

• Jimmy's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:06:22 am »
I think the same thing when I go home.  I see fields where I dove hunted that are now subdivisions. I see land that you could coon hunt and run your dogs forever that now has been divided and divided and divided. It's depressing ;-)

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 10:37:24 am »
I am old so reading the article brought back so many memories of the stories we were told about the way life had been for our parents and grand parents growing up in Oklahoma and then in Wyoming.  I can say that I am glad that I grew up during the times that I did.  All I have is stories and my grand kids could care less about them.  Going through jump school at Bragg made me grow up and taught me to appreciate the life I had.  Been lots of work and lots of fun and now I can just enjoy people like the ones I met at Twin Oaks as they are very special compared to the transplants we have here in Wyoming.  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight