Author Topic: little stinker or the devil made me do it  (Read 4447 times)

Offline sailordad

little stinker or the devil made me do it
« on: April 02, 2010, 11:34:02 pm »
well i say down tonight,waiting for the wife toget home from work,to make another dalton.
i decided i would try this piece of coral that i still had.it was a spall tha was all cortex on one side and red and white on the other side
it was about 3 1/2" long and i thought i was gonna get a nice big point from it.
as i got into it the white part on the one side with the red,had some crude in it and it ended up snapping there
one piece looked like there was still a small dalton to be had from it.

now as i was working the piece before it snapped,every time i would nock of a large flake on the side with the cortex.
it smelled like a dog fart,i mean it was bad.i about gaged it stunk so much.it did make me laugh though.
thats where the little stinker comes from.

now as i am working the piece after it snapped i thought i could get a nice little dalton from it.
i have been working on getting my edges more centered as of late and sharper too on all points that i have been making.
now after a pass or two of flakes i decided that there was no way in hell i was gonna get one edge nice.
what i seen in the material was just too nice to run a flake thru and ruin natures art.

i couldnt believe my eyes  :o the devils face was in my rock  :o 8)
now i did manage to get a nice looking point from it and saved his face to boot.
i am very proud of this little one just because of the natural art that i found hidden in the rock,and the fact that i was able to run flakes
very close to the face without wrecking it.

anyhoo enough of my ramblings and time for some pics
here ya go  ;D

thanks for looking
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:25:53 pm by sailordad »
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline FlintWalker

Re: little stinker or the devil made me do it
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:46:52 pm »
That's cool right there! 8)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 01:56:37 am »

Cool! 8)  But it looks more bin laden than the Devil. :o  That would explain the smell....... ;D  You sure it didn't smell like a goat, or camel fart? ::)

Wayne

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 02:28:25 am »
          Bin Laden is the Devil Incarnate...but that looks more like the Evil Gin...you sure you didnt open His Bottle....... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:29:46 am »
Nice point Tim!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 07:34:31 am »
Nice point Tim and I'll just keep to myself who I think it looks like.... :-X :-X :-X :o
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Timo

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 09:25:34 am »
Early man tried to keep certain characteristics inside their points whenever they came around. I hhve too many original artifacts that can prove that. We haven't changed that much over time,  Nice job on saving the image!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 10:15:59 am »
thanks everyone

never thought about BinLaden

actually when seen it i thought devil,showed it to the wife and didnt say a word,and she said the devil is in it.
my picture work isnt the best(unlike shannon and others abilities with a camera) but if you were to see it close up,it does look like the devil

i agree with Mike,BinLaden is the devil incarnate.never smelt a goat or camel fart,but it could have been ;D :D

Timo: could we see some pics of those early points,that would be way cool.you guys that live in areas where artifacts are abundant are sooooooo lucky.
         i still have never found one,but am giong looking at some beaches around here now that the ice is off the lakes.a guy i know told me of a few lakes that he has found some at in the past.

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 02:46:51 pm »
The second picture didn't load for me, maybe it's easier to see in that one, I don't see it in the first one.
VB

Offline sailordad

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 05:26:34 pm »
ya i dont know what happened there,i reloaded it so it should be working now

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 05:35:15 pm »
The second picture didn't load for me, maybe it's easier to see in that one, I don't see it in the first one.
VB

See if you can see it now......... >:D

[attachment deleted by admin]
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 08:28:28 pm »
that is awesome !!!
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline jcinpc

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 12:07:13 pm »
did I cook that or you cook it? I forget dont know why it would stink, thats a fine looking point you made

Offline billy

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 12:36:35 pm »
When I saw that face I immediately thought it looked like an evil skull!!   Wow!  I've never seen an actual face in an arrowhead, but now I have!  I would hang on to that point forever....it is super cool!  And that you didn't obliterate the face is even more amazing!  It's Satan Stone!  I bet if you ever shot that at a deer the deer would just lay down and die before the point even left your bow!
Marietta, Georgia