Author Topic: North Carolina Knappers  (Read 3166 times)

Offline toms22

North Carolina Knappers
« on: March 27, 2010, 11:44:15 pm »
I went to North Wilkesboro here in NC  to a Knap-In at M2B2 home today. TJ has a two day knap-in at his home. Folks here in NC you should have been there today. The knap-in grows better everyear. There were some knappers there that you would have known. newtoeverthing and Steve Parker just to name a few. I had a great time.  toms22

Offline nclonghunter

Re: North Carolina Knappers
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 01:12:08 am »
My first knapping event and really enjoyed it. Got there this morning and the flakes were already flying.  I just sat back and watched all that experience at work. Wade (n2everything) made a great obsidian point as we talked about hunting deer with stone points. When it was finished he handed it to me and told me to hunt with it. It will be mounted on a cane shaft for this coming deer season. Met some great folks there, unfortunately it's difficult to get everyone's name. Did some trading and brought home some obsidian that came from the Oregon Buttes area. Now I've got some good rock to break. There was also some great bows and arrows to look at, as well as some hickory bows being made. Plenty of activity all day to enjoy.

TJ, Thanks for hosting this event and for the invite. Look forward to the next one.

L. Clark
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Wataugan

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 08:03:53 pm »
Saturday I was luck enough to be at TJ's gathering.  There was everything from  bow shoots to bow building to knapping going on.  The only problem was the day was too short.  I met some great new people and watched some great knappers.  TJ, thank you for all the hard work to make this a great weekend.

Bob
Boone, NC - Blue Ridge Mountains

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 09:13:40 am »
Thanks guys. I had a great time also. I was so busy doing other things I forgot to take pictures.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Hardawaypoints

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 10:03:32 am »
Sorry I missed. Had to work some Saturday and couldn't escape.  That is a good bunch of folks, always fun to hang out & chip with.

I'll be doing a knapping demonstration at the rock show at the state fairgrounds in Raleigh on 4-11-10. I'll probably be set up near Arrappaho's booth. Come see us if you're in the big city.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 12:26:40 pm »
I had a great time, thanks, TJ! Took a camera but didn't think to take a single pic. Most of us looked pretty rough after Friday night, anyway, so that might be a good thing. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.