Author Topic: How Many Bows Can I Put You Down For???  (Read 16430 times)

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
Re: How Many Bows Can I Put You Down For???
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2010, 04:10:50 pm »
in TBB4 there is a pic of a mini bow that looks kinda like it might be where he got his design from... I think it is page 133 or 134... it's 130 something...   :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Diligence

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 04:45:23 pm »
he has posted a full draw picture.....and it looks easily to be a 30" draw....if his notes are correct.

J
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2010, 04:52:28 pm »
The guy actually got a bit on one of his four bows on ebay...

Probably him from another computer or one of his buddies.....  :P
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2010, 06:43:27 pm »
he has posted a full draw picture.....and it looks easily to be a 30" draw....if his notes are correct.

J

From the unbraced profile I would say it can easily be drawn 30" if not much further!

Found another ebay bowyer offering a 72" ntn hickory backed maple longbow, no kidding 14# at 28" draw!
Frank from Germany...

nickf

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2010, 08:39:25 pm »
Justin, I don't understand why you take a serious look at this bow. The yumi is very effective for the way it's used, and that's clearly visible. but this bow... is a laugh.

the guys who compare this bow to the karpowicz design... please, be less offensive. Karpowicz is one of the greatest hornbowbowyers alive. And his design is actually that of an extreme r/d. It's so far deflexed at the handle area that the fades touch the string when strung, but the limbs itself are highly reflexed. they lay (almost) flat when the bow is strung, and the string runs over the whole belly. This would give an extremely smooth draw, and, an incredible 'zip' in the last few inches.

Nick

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2010, 12:19:54 am »
the guys who compare this bow to the karpowicz design... please, be less offensive. Karpowicz is one of the greatest hornbowbowyers alive. And his design is actually that of an extreme r/d. It's so far deflexed at the handle area that the fades touch the string when strung, but the limbs itself are highly reflexed. they lay (almost) flat when the bow is strung, and the string runs over the whole belly. This would give an extremely smooth draw, and, an incredible 'zip' in the last few inches.

I didn't mean to be offensive towards Karpowicz' experimental design at all; the opposite I meant to say! I just corrected my post since it could have been misunderstood that way.
I'm aware of the fact that Karpovizc is a very skilled maker of hornbows. In fact I wrote a review of his book Ottoman Turkish Hornbows in one of the recent PA issues.
Frank from Germany...

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2010, 11:16:06 am »
Justin, I don't understand why you take a serious look at this bow. The yumi is very effective for the way it's used, and that's clearly visible. but this bow... is a laugh.

the guys who compare this bow to the karpowicz design... please, be less offensive.

Nick
Nick, what do you know about this bowyer or this bow?  You are judging it by first appearance only, and we all know from the BOM contest that sometimes the prettiest is judged best while it isn't really the best bow.  I am not taking it very serious, I didn't say it was a great bow or even a good bow. But I refuse to be "offensive" based on a simple glance at a crappy picture because I don't know the bowyer. I know the Yumi is a serious bow, but it looks goofy, that is why I used it as an example. Have you shot one of these bows to see if it is a laugh? Would you judge it the same if Karpowicz made it? I highly doubt it.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2010, 05:28:20 pm »
HOLY CRAP PILES !! he actually sold one, buyer said unique bow i love it !!!!

Offline Diligence

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2010, 01:43:20 am »
well I'll be..... :-\

....okay somebody pony up the $60 (or whatever) and buy one for some testing.... 
"Always do your best and to everyone be kind and good" - Ernst Hjalmer Selin (1906-2000)....my grandfather's words of advice he wanted me to tell my children.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2010, 11:47:01 am »
not me...but can I put you down for one of these........... >:D...cause We all must be doing it all wrong....

goto eBay...search....then type in ... 260560070830

then let me know if you want a dozen or a full 24 count case......... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2010, 11:02:33 pm »
...I liked that last one a whole heap of a bunch more than that first one...  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2010, 02:57:32 am »
not me...but can I put you down for one of these........... >:D...cause We all must be doing it all wrong....

goto eBay...search....then type in ... 260560070830

then let me know if you want a dozen or a full 24 count case......... :P

I asked that seller to post a full draw shot...pretty much its bending all in the middle 8 inches or so of the handle

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2010, 04:12:07 am »
If I could tie a string onto a stick like that and sell them for $20, I would be rich.  Someone please explain to him what tiller means.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline NTD

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2010, 05:50:59 am »
That's why they call it a stick bow...DUH!!! ::) :'( :'( :'(
Nate Danforth