Author Topic: Bitzenburger vs JoJann  (Read 5724 times)

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Bitzenburger vs JoJann
« on: December 29, 2009, 11:03:23 pm »
Any REALLY good reason to spend the extra money?  If I get the Bitzenburger and want a left wing clip- do I have to get the indexer for cane arrows?  Thanks for any suggestions!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Re: Bitzenburger vs JoJann
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:10:05 am »
Over the years of working with fletching, the one thing I can tell you for sure.  When you use a single fletching jig for all arrows, every arrow out of it will be the same.  When using the JoJan, you have six different jigs, thus six different fletch orientations.  Now mind you,,,,and short distances,,,,very few can shoot well enough to see that difference with traditional equipment.  But for long range, dot drilling accuracy,,,it makes a huge difference.  I have a blitzenburger that I purchase in 1966 and use it to fletch every arrow I own.  I also have 3 JoJan jigs for mass production for the shop.  Just knowing that every arrow is the same, takes a lot of guess work out of the equipment set up. 

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:39:46 pm »
I've only used a Blitz.  I love it, I only make a couple doz a year so speed isn't key for me.  It is a great tool and well worth the money.  It will last forever I use the indexer that it comes with for cane arrows with no problem.
Traverse City, MI

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 11:09:05 pm »
Thanks Stringstretcher!  Rick, do you use left wing and right wing clips with that indexer or do you just use one type of feather?
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 07:26:00 am »
Jeff I have the bitz and love it, I bought one that came with a right helical but ended up buying a straight clamp and indexer.
Don't think I've ever used the right clamp. The straight is versatile as you can use left or right feathers and offset left and right.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Tom Leemans

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 08:26:41 am »
You have to adjust either one to get the results you want. It's touchier to adjust for the helical clamps.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 10:44:58 am »
I have a Blitz...but find myself using my EZ Fletcher most of the time...it works great on P.O ....and Cane also
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline boo

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 11:22:43 am »
Doesnt Jojann make a single fletcher? Ive owned both a Bitz and a Jo jojann multifletcher and would buy both again. If jojann makes a single fletcher for less money, i would get that one. They work great and will never break if dropped. They may bend but that easily fixed.
Boo

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 11:51:05 am »
You can't beat a bitzenberger, the only restriction is the length, but I can't see how anyone would want a lenth greater than 6"
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 09:42:33 pm »
Jeffuttley57
I ordered it left wing and only use left wing feathers with it.   I use the indexer that it came with.  I haven't tried it with a right wing clamp.  I've traded most of my right feathers. ;)  You have to adjust it a bit for different diameter shafts.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Tsalagi

• Just a bowman...
    • Guerilla Chef Headquarters
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 10:20:11 pm »
I use a Jo-Jan single fletcher. It was free.  ;D
Living a dream...