Author Topic: Red Oak Bow and HD Bamboo Arrows  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Bushbow

Red Oak Bow and HD Bamboo Arrows
« on: January 02, 2010, 01:21:06 pm »
I just bought a new camera and have been fooling around with it. It is 10 degrees out today so I did not mess with the camera to fine tune the shots.
Some Videos below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-CfGXDkZk Cutting bamboo nocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heJmGvwyo3U Shooting side view of target butt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR5nzLNLKkM Arrows coming into the taget head on
Chuck S.

Offline Frode

Re: Red Oak Bow and HD Bamboo Arrows
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 01:37:54 pm »
Looks good!  What's that target butt made of, by the way?
Frode
If it doesn't rap the lintel, it might not be a longbow.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 02:16:27 pm »
Nice Camera Shots...and you can't hide Your Release from the Camera either...the Lens tells it all....... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Bushbow

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 04:33:56 pm »
Frode That is stacks of cut up cardboard on a plywood base with two 1/2" all thread rods pulling down a plywood plate at the top.

El Destructo no matter how many times a tell myself "don't drop your bow arm", you know what I do, drop my bow arm. Shooting arrows id so much fun I just can't wait to shoot the next.
Chuck S.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 04:53:53 pm »
I use my Camera all the time when I am having trouble with a New Bow Setup...and most of the Time when I film it...I find out that it is not the Bow or the Arrows...but Me!! A different Bow...and a different Grip....and you have to learn all over again....thats why I try my best to stick to the same Style of Bow...not because I am lazy or not talented enough to make a different Bow...but because the Bows I make ...I am very accurate with

When I get one that has a nice cushy built-up grip and a sight window and stuff...I seem to be all over the Place..... ::).....so I stick to functionality more than anything else....

I was not by any means saying anything wrong about your form....just that a Camera will tell on Ya every time....ain't it a Biotch..... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome