Author Topic: Splized Handle  (Read 1957 times)

Offline denny

• my site
Splized Handle
« on: December 05, 2009, 05:56:45 pm »
Had to share this,Learned it from an old bowyer..Go to the junk yard and get a handicap hand rail and cut 4 inches off. Work your billet to fit 2 inches each side . You can glue one side, but it is not necessary if it is a tight fit. The other2 inches is for the removable billet. And there you have it, one bar makes several splices, You can also squash the tube to a elliptical shape for a different style.Very money saving, if you buy, you save 30.00 to 50.00 dollars. Also look at all that osage you have been saving can be used for a good purpose. Denny P.s. Thanks for the prayers, I am back among the living, got some more work to do, but am on the road to recovery.Didn't mention the bar is stainless, no rust....

Offline aruge

Re: Splized Handle
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 07:44:18 pm »
Glad you made it through alright. Good luck with recovery and thanks for the tip. Al

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 12:17:07 am »
Thank you aruge ,Denny

Offline Dano

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 11:33:13 am »
Good to hear your still with us Denny  ;)

Doesn't that handle get loose after a while?
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline denny

• my site
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 06:51:55 pm »
The stainless is pretty stiff. Haven't heard of any. Thanks dano    I would glue one side of the sleave if in doubt,some cut a  six inch sleave,but the old bowyer said 4 inches was enough and he didn't glue his. Denny