Author Topic: Question  (Read 3161 times)

Offline Dave 55

Question
« on: September 13, 2009, 10:28:04 am »
I got a bamboo backed yew r/d bow from a vender that I liked ,,mostly because I dont have the skills to make one yet.Got the bow in the mail it shoots well but the bottom limb is 2 and 1/2 inches longer than the top limb.Makes me think he shaped the grip and added the shelf to the wrong end of the grip.The tiller is slightly more positive on the bottom limb a brace,what do you think?,thanks Dave.
Now is the good old days

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 10:34:07 am »
If it shoots well then shoot it.. ;)  How about some pics..?

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 11:15:38 am »
Id like to post a picture of it but Im kind of techno challenged and dont have a digital camera,I am going to remedy that soon tho because I know pictures are kind of part of the site.
Now is the good old days

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 11:17:03 am »
Pics would be a big help. Full draw, braced and unbraced and maybe a back profile.
  Have you talked to the bowyer?  That would be the first place to start if you are uncertain or dissatisfied.  Did you buy it after looking it over and shooting it?  If it was mail order, what is the return policy of the bowyer?

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 11:26:07 am »
Pat I bought it through the mail and if Im diissatisfied I believe he would take it back.Ive had it about 3 weeks and didnt notice it untill I looked at it hanging on the wall last nite.
Now is the good old days

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 11:37:03 am »
 You should contact the bowyer with your concerns and see what he says and if he will guaranteed it's durability. Like David said, If it shoots well for you, shoot it.  There are many configurations for bows from the simple symmetrical  bend through the handle bow to the extreme side profile of the Japanese Yumi bow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline woodstick

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 12:35:04 pm »
iv read some books that the limb will be shorter than the top, i dont see anything wrong with it as long as it shoots good. alot of glass bow makers put at least a 1 year warrenty on their bows talk to him and if he does shoot it and if it fails you send her back once you get alot of arrows shot you may luv it. dont jump the gun yet talk to him first,
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline adb

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 12:35:35 pm »
The bottom limb is 2.5" longer from where? The arrow pass? Or the center? If it's from the arrow pass, this isn't too abnormal, as the bow was probably tillered symmetrically. The arrow pass is then placed 1-2" above the center, making the bottom limb longer. This being the case, the bottom limb should be stiffer. The bow sounds OK, and if it shoots well, shoot it. Some pics would be very valuable.