Author Topic: Building a bow quiver?  (Read 3745 times)

Offline Kegan

Building a bow quiver?
« on: September 07, 2009, 06:23:22 pm »
Can someone help me find instructions on building a bow quiver? I can't find any, but I've seen a few archers here and there who made their own.

Offline Kegan

Re: Building a bow quiver?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 02:03:28 pm »
Well, my brother and I are having at it! We have a hood idea, bottom piece planned, and now we're jsut waiting on small metal clips.

Can someone post pictures of ANY bow quiver where it attachs to the limbs?

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 02:20:21 pm »
Hey Kegan I found this about a month ago...I haven't tried it myself yet but hopefully it helps.

http://rackow-bogenbau.de/download/FBBQBA.pdf

-Ky
GBR!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 03:27:24 pm »
Kegan, You'll want it attached at a non-bending section near the handle. If it is where a limb bends it will restrict the shooting ability.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Kegan

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 04:55:56 pm »
Ky- the page won't come up for some reason?

Pat- I was planing on attaching right where the fades end bascially. I was looking for some pictures of how the quiver straps onto the bow.

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 05:00:58 pm »
Huh...it's a pdf so maybe that's why its not coming up....if you go to google and search "Fritz Brown's bow quiver" it should pop up...that's where i found it.

-Ky
GBR!

Offline Kegan

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 06:05:19 pm »
That's the site that led me to ask on here- it refuses to come up on my computer :P

Offline kylerprochaska

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 06:29:41 pm »
Well...im not sure how he get's his straps to work but all he has are velcro straps that he can wrap around the bow....then on another one he has acouple leather straps (they look like leather shoe strings) that he tied around the bow....idk how they would stay where you want them though.

-Ky
GBR!

Offline Kegan

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 11:43:10 am »
I did a bow quiver- hideous thing, didn't work that well- with velcor straps and ductape. Worked great top hold it on, but I was using aluminum which bent slightly around the limbs as the straps pulled tight. Now, I don't want to disgrace this thing with duct tape straps or a hideous aluminum attachement.

I think I might have a bit of buckskin though for the strap :)