Author Topic: Problem with form?  (Read 5102 times)

Offline agd68

Re: Problem with form?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 04:57:41 pm »
Your arrows are under spined for your bow and by rights should be hitting to the right. Those carbons are'nt too bad but 40-45lb POC will be way to weak and could break on release. You should have someone watch you shoot. You may be dropping your bow arm to see if you hit the target as you release.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline J05H

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 06:53:09 am »
I think you're right. I just re-figured it and came up with a different weight. 60-15 for 3/4" off of center-shot = 45 + 5  for 125gr. points = 50. I was figuring my bow at 55 but either I mis-weighed it or it picked up a little. Anyway, should I get 45-50 or 50-55. BTW my arrows contact the bow very close to the belly which throws the angle off even more, so that might have some bearing on your answer. I might just get some finished arrows of both and see which works best. Then go from there. Thanks for the help Agd.

Josh
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline Kegan

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 11:42:46 am »
I always round the inner edge and outter edge of the bow handle for clearence- not only for better clearence, but also in case I torque the handle.

Offline agd68

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 09:02:35 pm »
If it were me I'd go with the 50-55lb shafts,make a couple up at your usual length and try them. If they seem a little stiff add a heavier point or make the next couple a little longer. Good luck.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 10:31:30 am »
Canting the bow to the right for a right handed shooter will move the arrow to the right,high right if you don't shoot with the arrow right on top of the hand. Most self bows aren't center shot so if you look at the arrow on the string it is pointed to the left,the futher out the arrow gets the futher left it will shoot,canting to the right about 45degrees will usually take care of the problem,like Hillbilly said if the arrows spine is OK. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 12:49:06 pm »
If you cant your bow and everything else is right you should see your arrow going straight away from you.
Now is the good old days

Offline Kegan

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2009, 01:48:10 pm »
If you cant your bow and everything else is right you should see your arrow going straight away from you.

I like to play around with different positions, including leaning way far forward and even leaning backwards. No matter what degree of cant, I still shoot the arrow in a straight line with the target like Dave said.