Author Topic: Central Kentucky Knap-in  (Read 4133 times)

Offline FlintWalker

Central Kentucky Knap-in
« on: July 13, 2009, 09:27:20 pm »

I don't know much about it. Just that it's close to home and I'm going.  I hope some of you out there can make it too.  If any of you think you'll be there, contact me and we'll try to get together.    Saw Filer

July 17 - 19. Central Kentucky Knap-in.  Held at the Bernheim Forest Education Center, Clermont, KY. Interstate 65 to
exit 112, Hwy 245 east approx. 1 mile to Forest entrance. Motels and restraunts are nearby Shepherdsville, exit 117.
On site primitive camping for registered participants. $15 registration fee. Shower and restrooms are available. Contact
Joe Yurt at Bernheim for campsite availability. Gates closed from dusk to dawn. For more information contact Dale
Farris 502-957-2608 or Joe Yurt 502-955-8512, ext. 251
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline FlintWalker

Re: Central Kentucky Knap-in
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 06:18:32 pm »
Jaeger, ain't you from somewhere in the Bluegrass State?
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Jaeger

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 06:25:58 pm »
yeah I would like to go but I dont know if I will ,it would be bout a 2 hour drive for me  , I have been hunting at the waddy exit about 10 year ago .My wife said go ahead and go  ,she has to work friday and saturday.I would like to go pick some rocks up ,especialy some of that Ky. hornstone ,all the geods I find in the limestone here is very grainy.Craig Ratzat is fixing me a tremendous load of slabs ,cant wait.

Offline Jaeger

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 08:24:20 pm »
speaking of hornstone ,could this gray rock possibly be hornstone I got it in the creek at my wifes Grandmas ,she took it away from me because her Grandma died in December and she wanted it because it was on her land.it was real easy to knap and it had rust in it but I got a big enough peice to hold together to get this little point.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:23:32 pm by Jaeger »

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 10:19:26 pm »
Shannon, that's one I've always wanted to go to, but haven't yet. If you run into Justin and Ronnie from Kentuckyknappers.com, tell them Hillbilly said howdy. Those boys can break some rock, and are good to buy rock from, too.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:57:36 pm »
Jaeger, all the hornstone I ever seen was blue. I don't think it is, but it looks good anyway. ;D  I hope you make it. I'll be wearing a brown PA cap, khaki shorts and work boots. You can't miss me. ;D

Steve, the way I figure it...your 4 hours from my house, and I'm 1hr 45 min from there...that should be just a nice little drive for you. :P
 You could leave on Friday evening, drive to my house and stay the night here. Then we could go up there early Saturday, knap all day and you could still be home by bedtime. ;)

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 01:51:21 am »
Why is it I always find out about semi-local fun events AFTER I made plans with my wife?  Actually, I'll be in Hillybilly-land, NC that weekend at Nantahala.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 08:35:57 am »
I've been eyeing this one , but not sure I can clear the slate. I'll look you up if I get down there Sawflier.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline J. DEMPLER

• It ain't knappin' if you ain't bleedin'
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 09:58:22 am »
I wish I could make it too. I'll be kayaking over around Wynadott caves. Hopefully I'll come out of there with a boat full of Indiana hornstone.  ;D
There is a place for all of Gods creatures, right next to the potatoes and gravy.

Madison, Indiana

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 09:26:56 pm »
i might go. dont know yet. will be a last min thing if i do.
Mililani Hawaii