Author Topic: N-to-N Length for 66-1/4" length string?  (Read 5145 times)

Offline Bent Rig

Re: N-to-N Length for 66-1/4" length string?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 07:01:51 pm »
usually - 3" for longbow & - 4" for a recurve of n to n measurements and then add the 16 " for the loops and that is the length for the strands if not using a jig , most flemish string jigs incorporate this formula right in their design so one only goes by the nock to nock  length number on the jig  - a no brainer ! Good Luck !!!
Syracuse , NY------------"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                                                                                     - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Ohio John

• personal home page
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 07:16:27 pm »
spending 10-30 hrs making a bow around a string is nuts.. I have been buying very nice flemish strinngs from a guy on ebay for 8 bucks with free shipping..... build a nice bow... get the right string for it
I like to throw rocks at em..... just like my grandfather's, grandfathers, grandfather's, grandfather's, grandfather did

Offline Bent Rig

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 07:57:30 pm »
You need a 63" string for that bow ! ; ;)
Syracuse , NY------------"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                                                                                     - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Bent Rig

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 10:12:39 am »
Oh Yeh ! Canoe it is very possible if you had a string first to build a bow around it - I don't see a problem with that either .  ;D
                                                                                     - Benjamin Franklin