Author Topic: My first atempt at a dalton  (Read 2058 times)

Offline ducosniffer

My first atempt at a dalton
« on: June 27, 2009, 10:55:24 pm »
Well I guess if you can't beat the heat, might as well beat on some rocks.  I usually don't post much, but decided I would start sharing some of my work.  At least it will help me to improve hopefully.  Here are my first three daltons, I think they are a neat point.  I'm sure they need some more pressure work, might tweak them a little tomorrow. That first one is twice resharpened also.  Hope you guys like, tips are always appreciated.

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
Re: My first atempt at a dalton
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 11:36:31 pm »
Hey ducco, you should post more often. Your not a beginner - that show's in your pressure work. Those are some nice Dalton's - keep on chippin :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 12:18:41 am »
Hey those look nice.  I like that rock too.  Is that raw keokuk?
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 12:26:17 am »
Looks like pretty good muscle control for a Duco sniffer! ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 06:28:33 am »
Nice points and I'm with cowboy post more often eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Timo

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 08:41:35 am »
He should change his handle to "ShyShane" ;D  I told him to start posting more....He will. I remember when Shane first started beating on his legs....I mean rocks. ;D He has come along ways in a couple years.

Shannon, that is Novaculite. The boy is kinda like Dana,only not in wood but rocks. I guess the term is "Rock whore"? ;D

Offline ducosniffer

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 09:51:42 am »
Ha, well thanks for the comments guys.  Timo is right on both counts I guess, lol.  I've got several different flavors of that navaculite, the source for it is actually closer to me than the keokuk.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 10:31:11 am »
Thanks for the compliment Tim :) And I could be a Rock Whore also, hmm need come visit you guys eh ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 10:35:42 am »
Very nice.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!