Author Topic: Vertical crack?  (Read 10507 times)

Offline M-P

• PA731115
    • Traveling Surgery
Re: Vertical crack?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 12:17:29 pm »
Grain run off in bamboo?   Ron
"A man should make his own arrows."   Omaha proverb   

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."    Will Rogers

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 08:27:22 pm »
                                                ;D ;D ;D ;D :D 8).....kinda what I was thinkin!!!!!!!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Jesse

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 08:58:14 pm »
Im wondering if it might have survived if you just superglued it and left it. If it wasnt splintering out or cracked horizontally. Maybe the fiberglass and epoxy were to much for it.  I've used bamboo that had long vertical cracks and I just superglued it together and put it on as a backing and had no troubles.Hard to say what happened without seeing it. I know it can be frustrating to have one blow. Most of us have been there a few times so we feel your frustration.:) Pat gave some good advice.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline sailordad

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 09:24:15 pm »
he he he didnt realize it was boo :P

i like the taste of my foot ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline woodsrunner

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 04:29:38 pm »
I had the same thing happen to me, i tried sinew and leather, super glue, kwick it and it still grew. Finally broke and the I saw i had a dry glue spot under the crack (looked like right where the clamp had set) yet both edges had held. This allowed the belly Osage to disconnect with the boo. After separation belly wood was at the mercy of nature and its own weak violated back. Can't say This was your problem,  but hummm  could be. 
Bowhunting is a passion, not an obsession. Its just hard for my wife to tell the difference sometimes.