Author Topic: painted arrows  (Read 3204 times)

Offline ken bee

painted arrows
« on: February 28, 2009, 06:06:34 pm »
has anyone used spray paint to to paint arrows or crest if so how did it work out i have white appliance paint, black gloss enamel spray and alittle can of red something just curious before i make a big mess i might i mite regret durrrr.   thanks

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: painted arrows
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 06:11:27 pm »
I did these with forest green Derusto or Krylon. Taped off the areas not wanted painted and sprayed them.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

whitewoodshunter

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 06:38:45 pm »
I've painted quite a few arrows with spray paint. Just be sure to use a good sealer and you won't have a problem.

Offline ken bee

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:50:47 pm »
thanks again. do my houndog need a resperator ?    he wants to hold em for me ; ken

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 10:41:48 pm »
Here are a few I did a few years ago.  Sorry for the crappy pic, it was a cheap camera.  I just used some tape and cheap 98 cent paint from wallyworld.  The red stripes on the middle three are actually a thin layer of red electrical tape.  What can i say, it lasted longer than the cedar shafts.

Long Arrow

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 12:46:46 am »
thanks again. do my houndog need a resperator ?    he wants to hold em for me ; Quote

Get the dog to paint them for you too. ???
That pays for the cost of the respirator. :)

What kind of hound are you running?

LongArrow

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 04:53:40 pm »
I sprayed the entire shaft of a set of arrows with  white tractor paint several years ago, the stuff won't wear off for nothing.
VB