Author Topic: Osage Stability  (Read 3234 times)

AKAPK

Osage Stability
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:22:23 pm »
I got My thick ring Billets spliced by hand and chased rings, now I'm wondering if the Osage is stable because when scraping the winter ring it was more like powder than shaving. Do ya think the bow will burst?
Click on the pic to see bigger.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: Osage Stability
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 02:29:17 pm »
Yes, the winter ring would be powdery. You want the back to be summer growth. THats some pretty large rings for osage. Looks like  a nice piece. Have fun. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 02:30:00 pm »
Nothing wrong with that osage that I can see. If the wood is well seasoned that early wood will seem like powder like you say. Looks like it will make a great bow to me.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

AKAPK

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:15:47 pm »
Thanks , I started worrying, the Bow will be at 68" 50 55# I hope, recurve 2" from the tips Ah I better make it shorter.not sure with that splice.

Shooter_G22

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 12:22:02 am »
WOW...!

what a beautiful peice of yellow...   man why cant i ever get a beauty like that to work with...????    well  maybe if i knew what i was doing and actually did it then maybe i might have some good stuff like that to attempt making a good'n one day too huh... ;)

looks like a champ to be.. to me...   good luck have fun...   let us know how this one tuns out huh?

AKAPK

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 04:38:52 am »
WOW...!

what a beautiful peice of yellow...   man why cant i ever get a beauty like that to work with...????    well  maybe if i knew what i was doing and actually did it then maybe i might have some good stuff like that to attempt making a good'n one day too huh... ;)

looks like a champ to be.. to me...   good luck have fun...   let us know how this one tuns out huh?

I got from Yazoo Got a good deal.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:35:32 am »
Shouldn't have any trouble with that piece. You could get by a lot shorter if you like,especially if your draw length isn't really long. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

AKAPK

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 10:19:22 pm »
Thanks Pappy. Draw is 26 to 28,  gotter at 65 ntn
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:46:58 pm by AKAPK »