Author Topic: Abowyer Trade points  (Read 3445 times)

Offline Titan_Bow

Abowyer Trade points
« on: March 04, 2009, 04:53:08 pm »
 Does anyone have any experience with Abowyer trade points?  I have tried a few times to make my own, but I like the idea of consistency you'd get with these.  Anyone have any experience with this head?
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
Re: Abowyer Trade points
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 05:09:54 pm »
Nope, never bought them.  I make my own.  By the time I get them cleaned up and shaped like I want, they are pretty consistant.

Offline Cromm

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 05:47:25 pm »
The heads in the photo look rusty, you better not use them....Send them to me instead..... ;D ;) ;D
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 07:21:26 pm »
i like the holes, seems like that would make it easier to tie them on the arrowshaft.  Might have to "borrow" your design.   ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:33:16 pm »
I can say he does make good points. I have several and they shoot and hold up very well.
Thanks madcrow
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline Little John

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 11:28:24 pm »
I have used bought trade points and I think maybe they were abowyer, worked good.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell