Author Topic: a day with ridge runner  (Read 11104 times)

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
Re: a day with ridge runner
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2009, 09:57:21 pm »
knap, your lucky to have such a fine gentleman as David close enough to learn from.  :) I've only met David twice at Pappy's but seems like the kind of fellow who would do pretty much anything to help a fellow primitive archer out.  8)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 12:51:30 am »
Sounds like an outstanding day to me! Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 12:01:51 pm »
Looks like a great time,you can learn a lot quick ,just by being around someone that knows what they are doing.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline xin

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 12:11:57 pm »
Knap 123,  Very nice photo reportage.  Really enjoyed it!!!!

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 01:08:53 pm »
Looks like you two wariors were having way too much fun :P  always good to see others sharing their knowledge. Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2009, 02:22:50 pm »
Well, I had to hop over to the local library to see the photos in this post.  My home computer is DEAD thanks to my 15 year old son
and the computers at work have a photo site block on them.
I see that my wife's undies on the line have made the world wide web :D  I will have to tell her that.

John:  I had a great time Saturday.  Thanks so much for the knapping kit, the rocks and the book.  Not to mention the lessons.
Saturday night I went through the box and could not hardly believe what all was in there.
Sunday after church two more heads were attempted.  Both broke in half  >:( and my thumb was cut when the last one went.  So I am well on my way to learning how to knapp. ;D  And thanks for being a good sport about the birthday party.  Otherwise I would have been in it deep with my wife.   ::) HA.  Wat do the ladies think of the gifs from my wife???

Cowboy:  We are all doing fine.  Forrest is 6'3" now.  Same place different Alabama Gold.  Most of this in the photos was cut in 06.  The wood you helped with is still in the barn drying.  It has had a bit of bug killer sprayed on it now and then.  Other than that it has not been touched.  About time to pop some belly staves off and see what I got.

Ryano: John drove over two hours to get to the house.  I wish He was next door. 

Pappy:  I am trying to get john to come to the Classic this year.  His work is busy as can be in the spring and summer and nothing in the winter.  Maybe he can find a day or two.

Well I best get back to the office.

David

David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline knap_123

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2009, 02:37:15 pm »
david tell you wife my girls and  misses have'nt taken off there necklaces yet.   and my oldest girl is bugging me to death to finish the kids bow for her.  i have a job there in the first of march sometime.  if i finish the bow in time i'll bring it along to show you how your  turtoring turned out.  i think i'll go work some more on it now.  oh yeah., better get some band aids and crazy glue to add to that kit for those cuts.

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2009, 10:49:11 pm »
"I see that my wife's undies on the line have made the world wide web   I will have to tell her that."

Now thats funny right there, I don't care who you are...... :D
I'm sure she'll be pleased!  ;D
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....