Author Topic: MAPLE SELFBOW made by me and you lots o pics  (Read 24295 times)

Offline DirtyDan

Re: MAPLE SELFBOW made by me and you lots o pics
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2009, 12:57:00 pm »
Jesse, I agree with all that has been said.  This is one of the most beautiful bows I have seen in a long time.  I, too, have started using some maple, and I love it.  It is so smooth--it just seems to want to bend.  Your bow is gorgeous.  The color is unusual but with the ebony tips and slight reflex, it looks good in all aspects.  Well done.

Dan

Offline Jesse

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2009, 05:18:07 pm »
Much appreciated Dan  :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline robbsbass

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2009, 11:46:16 pm »
This is the bow I received from Jesse today as my Christmas present, I couldn't be happier, and consider myself one of the luckiest guys around right now. I will Cherish this bow for a long time.
Thanks Jesse

Robb
live each day the best you can

Offline DanaM

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2009, 12:46:55 pm »
I think the fact that Jesse gave this bow away speaks volumes about his character and also
makes the story behind the bow that much better. Speaks volumes for the type of folks that
you meet her on the PA board :) Well done Jesse, and I will replace the stave with a new one
maybe even more.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 01:24:24 pm »
Dana, I agree with your comments concerning Jesse's character...he's quite a character, as are you! ;D Alll kidding aside, I found Jesse to be a fine fellow and really enjoyed our conversations during the Classic. His wife is very nice also! I'm glad yall are all planning to come back!

You're not half bad either Dana... ;)  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2009, 01:36:51 pm »
Can hardly wait to come back for more Tennesse hospitality Greg :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Jesse

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 03:50:11 pm »
Well what do ya say to that. Thanks.  Dana you started this giving spirit around here and I think its been great for the group. I agree. Cant hardly wait for some southern hospitality and cooking. :)
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline DanaM

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2009, 09:20:30 pm »
Well what do ya say to that. Thanks.  Dana you started this giving spirit around here and I think its been great for the group. I agree. Cant hardly wait for some southern hospitality and cooking. :)

I don't think I started the giving spirit Jesse but I sure do like giving stuff away and helping out a newcomer. Heck to me thats what this is all about,
I guess I just like to share my good fortune with others. There are so many good folk on here that it would be impossible to name then all :) I think my signature line says it all.
Thanks for the kind words though :)

Manistique, MI

DCM

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 09:36:13 am »
That's as fine a bow as I can imagine.  Bends fantastic, and looks great too.  Thanks for posting.

Offline Karly

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2009, 09:07:28 am »
A real pretty bow.
Pls tell me what is RIT ? I like the colour but i dont find a translation for the word rit...
Progressive Improvement is better than postponed Perfection

Offline Stoker

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2009, 09:53:45 am »
RIT dye that's the name of the product it's clothing dye. We used to use it for making tye dyed t-shirts with it. You can find it at wally world comes in many colors mix and match come up with some cool stuff. It is a beutiful bow well done I really like the tips, Job very well done. Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano