Author Topic: knapping in mn  (Read 3420 times)

Offline sailordad

knapping in mn
« on: February 08, 2009, 11:51:50 am »
   hi everyone ;D

i am new to knapping.i have watched well over 12 hrs of videos on you tube.cant find any books on the subject at the local public library.
i dont have extra cash to buy videos and books,but i do crave more knowledge on the subject.
now i have always been a show me kinda learner.you put it in my hands,show me howe and then let me try and i learn fast.cant quit do that from videos and books .
so my question is:  "does anyone know if there is a knapp in in Minnesota this year? and if so where?"

peace,
                                                                                             tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: knapping in mn
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 07:49:53 pm »
Here ya go.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 07:59:21 pm »
Frozen Dung Knapping :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 08:27:41 pm »
thank you very much hillbilly, very mucj appreciated.

i am geting the knapping bug as bad as the bow bug ;D
made my fourth point tonight,and i cant tell that the one i made tonight is better thane the others from last wek.
onkt cut myself twice in the process.
cant wait to actually have someone show me how in person.

thanks again

peace,
                                                                                 tim

Offline stickbender

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 02:59:41 pm »

Frozen dung knapping?  :o  Uh......why?......I guess you have to knap pretty quick, before it thaws, and you end up with a piece of crap...... ;D ;D ;D

Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 08:08:56 pm »
Wayne watch your mail I sent ya box of frozen dung to practice on...hope the cold front is still in place down there >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline sailordad

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 10:29:35 pm »
now now gentelmen
lots not poke fun at someting we dont know about.
wait untill iget back from the knapp in with pics,then we can poke fun at it >:D

Offline stickbender

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 12:13:51 am »

I am glad you told me about it.  I might have mistook it for " Lutefisk " !!!  ;D I will keep an eye out for an eratic driving mailman...... ;D
                                                                               Wayne

Offline xin

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 03:25:54 pm »
sSailor, you'll learn more watching someone knap for a couple of hours than you ever will from books and videos.  Good luck