Author Topic: I would like to introduce myself  (Read 3257 times)

Offline brownhillboy

I would like to introduce myself
« on: November 14, 2008, 10:21:32 pm »
Hey everybody,  as it was pointed out to me in an earlier post, I never introduced myself or told you all anything about me.  I know that I have been posting quite a bit lately and I just kind of jumped right in.  I guess that is because I had been reading on the site for good long while before I joined, and then still I didn't post anything for a while.  That was mostly because I was doing most of my reading at work in any spare time I had!  I'm sure none of you do that.LOL!  Any way, we just recently got high speed internet at home, so I am finaly able to read and post from home.  I'm a 36 yr. old husband of 13 yrs. and a father of 2 young and wild boys.  I usually just tell people that I'm a mechanic, but my job is really more broad than that since I work with my 2 brothers, my dad, and 1 other employee in an auto salvage buisiness that my grandfather started.  My dad doesn't hunt, so I didn't really start hunting until I got married.  I was blessed enough to take a Pope and Young quality 8 point as my first deer with a bow!  Although at the time I was using a bow with training wheels!(compound)  That deer came in 4th place(7&8pt bow class) in the VA. state competition.  Five years later,  I took a 17pt. monster that took 1st place(12pt. or more firearms) and 2nd overall in the state with a VA. score of 224.5.  By the way, VA score is a lot higher than B&C or P&Y.  I'm not telling this part to brag, but rather to explain that with early success I soon began to tire of hunting with guns and compound bows.  Last year I took my first deer with traditional equipment(not primitive), and this year my first with my own hand made primitive bow!  I'm very thankful to have found the primitive way and this magazine and website to help guide me on my journey.  Thankyou for the knowledge that you share.  Here's a pic of my boys and I with the doe I got with my primitive bow and a pic of my wife and me on our 10th anniversary trip to mexico.

[attachment deleted by admin]
south central VA

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
Re: I would like to introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:32:14 pm »
Awesome ;D
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Ranger B

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 06:15:55 am »
Nice to meet you.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 11:01:17 am »
Good to have you around. Got any pics of your deer. Might be my only chance to see a deer this year. ::)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Scowler

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 11:17:38 am »
Greetings!

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 01:00:42 pm »
Yeah Pat, I think I can get you some pics.  I know what you mean about seeing the deer.  I managed to help my 11 yr. old get a 8pt. on election day and now it's my 7yr. old's turn, but the last couple times I've been for myself I haven't seen anything either.  Maybe our luck will change.  Good luck!
south central VA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 01:06:37 pm »
Thanks I need it!
  If your bucks were shot with anything other than a wood bow, please post them in "Anything Else". ;)   Thanks.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 01:35:55 pm »
Very nice to meet you. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 10:30:02 pm »
Nice to meet you guys too. 
Pat B, I posted the pics for you in "anything else".  Hope you like!
south central VA

Offline Gordon

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 01:58:25 am »
Nice to meet you BD. Looks like have a nice family there.
Gordon

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 10:26:35 pm »
Thanks Gordon.  You and your wife look like a nice couple too.  I love to see your work!  It's amazing!
south central VA

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 11:38:22 pm »
Welcome! I hope you find these fellas hospitable. :)
     Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.