Author Topic: another change to learn!  (Read 1845 times)

Offline rkeltner

another change to learn!
« on: November 16, 2008, 04:56:49 pm »
i have been working on keeping a bow alive for about a year now. it's a bamboo backed ipe, and it's been a nice bow, up till now. unfortunately, last night, after chasing after one issue or another, trying to head off a catastrophic belly failure, the bammboo back gave up the ghost without so much as a tick to warn me! well, i guess i'll be removing the backfrom that limb and try to put a ne w back and rework the tiller. wish me luck, and picks will be coming.

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
Re: another change to learn!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 11:46:54 pm »
Breaking bows is part of building them, I guess. Luck is wished from here. :)
     Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline sailordad

Re: another change to learn!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 12:19:05 am »
yup  ifn you aint breaking them, you aint making them

and for me thats true, i still manage to have broken/damaged about every third one yet and i like each and everyone of them.
one i have been working on since last 4th of july all of a sudden seems to have developed some chrysallis on the belly of the lower limb,its boo/hick r/d was supposed to be my hunting bow for the last part of bow season for this year.had planned on using it starting next week,but not no more. guess i need to go back to my training wheels till next fall again.

you know what they say  "s*#t happens",live and learn brother.

good luck

peace,
                                                                                   tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd