Author Topic: A Bent Stick Eh  (Read 13435 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: A Bent Stick Eh
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 06:56:02 pm »
Josh good luck hunting eh :) If you and Molly want to come up for Thanksgiving your more than welcome, I cook
a pretty good Turkey ;D Give me a call eh. Actually this bow is yours but ifin ya want it you have to come and get it ;D
Hope ya like it Josh because once you shoot it you will toss yer compound in the burning barrel, so ya better get up here
before I change my mind :o ;) :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 06:58:13 pm »
Dane Thanks  buddy as for the color I let my creative juices flow and thats what I ended up with ::)
Giving it to my nephew(escanabajosh). I'm pretty damn proud of him :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Dane

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 07:06:44 pm »
I should talk, I always seem to want to color wood.

Stay warm, and happy Thanksgiving ahead of time. I envy a bit you guys with lots of family for the holidays, but having a quiet day and only cooking for the wife and pug only is also nice, plus a spirit or two that have to be remembered, but they don't actually eat.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline DanaM

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2008, 07:17:08 pm »
I should talk, I always seem to want to color wood.

Stay warm, and happy Thanksgiving ahead of time. I envy a bit you guys with lots of family for the holidays, but having a quiet day and only cooking for the wife and pug only is also nice, plus a spirit or two that have to be remembered, but they don't actually eat.

Dane

I bet Davenport can eat a whole turkey ;D Happy Holidays Dane

Manistique, MI

Offline Dane

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 07:25:33 pm »
She happily would. She is the most glutonous creature ever, a walking stomach with a wrinkly face attached to one end. Her nickname is little piggy. We love her anyway.

Happy T day to you, and to all you other guys, too.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

escanabajosh

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 12:43:54 am »
thanks uncle dana!! ;D :o ;D :o i cant wait to shoot her.

i was in class when ya called. my final exams are the 3rd of december so i'll be up there some time soon after. i'll give ya a call from camp if my phone works , might have to use mollys mines on it's last life. thanks again uncle dana.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2008, 06:51:20 am »
Good luck on yer exams Josh and good luck hunting eh :)

Manistique, MI

Offline shamus

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2008, 10:47:30 am »
A very beautiful and nice bow.

side note: your bow shoulder is collapsing. Push it out, and that should get your shoulders in-line when you're at full draw.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2008, 11:29:11 am »
Shamus thanks for the compliment and the advice, my bow shoulder is in bad shape from breaking it
and then a botched surgery >:( I need to go see a good orthopedic surgeon but am hesitant after
one doctor already screwed up :'(

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2008, 12:10:14 pm »
I hear Ya ....Dana.....thats why I still have all of the Screws and Plates in My Leg.....really dont want to go back uncer the Knife again.....if at all possible!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline hammertime

• no shoes no shirt, no problems
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2008, 01:03:36 pm »
Really sweet lookin' bow I like the dye job and full draw pics,well done. Hammertime.

Offline BigWapiti

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2008, 11:03:17 pm »
Dana, did you really use "vine maple" and "straight piece" in the same breathe?  ha.

Looks good!
Mike B.
Central Washington State
"Take a kid hunting, it'll make a WORLD of difference" -me

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2008, 11:34:29 pm »
                              Thats what I was thinking too Mike....dana wants His Cake and Eat it Too!!!!!

;D >:D ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2008, 06:32:05 am »
I'm sure there is better VM out there than piece, once againn by straight I mean relativly straight with the tips at least closer
to aligned than this one was :)

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2008, 07:49:34 am »
 Just picking at ya .....Dana.....I think Santa may have  found you one....better be Nice.....Ya know He's checking His List.......... ;)
2024...We Will Overcome