Author Topic: Point Swap-Final List on page 4  (Read 77271 times)

Offline John K

Re: Point Swap-Final List on page 4
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2008, 10:45:42 am »
Nice points ! I'll have to start saving those old bleach bottles i find in the dumps......
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2008, 06:22:06 pm »
Saw Filer. keep a eye out for the mail..

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2008, 07:08:01 pm »
Looking good Shannon! Yer workin em like a pro :). Beautiful point!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2008, 03:25:57 pm »
got to the mail box the other day and received a neat little package from Shannon  - Saw filer,   so i opened it up and he had send me 2 very beautiful points, one from a spall of Justin Snyders obsidian and another from a amber colored serving dish.  both have excellent flake scars and both very nice.  thank you much Shannon--- Ryan

[attachment deleted by admin]
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Keenan

« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2008, 05:39:36 pm »
 Very Nice Shannon. You are kicking out some nice points. ;)  I've got several ready to go out and everytime I see another point that someone els did I get to thinking that mine aren't good enough, so been doing allot of napping this last week ;)  One thing about this little exchange is that it sure has encouraged and pushed me to try harder and also to spend more time a therock pile. ;D
 I thought I was going to be sending mine out last week but decided to make some more so should be hitting the mail soon. ;)

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2008, 07:37:00 pm »
Thanks Keenan, I guess the reason I got those out so quick is because I already had them made.
  When I started trying to learn how to knapp, I went at it like fighting fire for a few weeks, then I just quit.  I made about 20 points and haven't touched a pressure flaker since. ???
  I think you got the nicest one, that's why I sent the other guys two each.
  I'm ready for another point swap, I think I still have 3 or 4 pretty good ones left.  I don't want them, and would much rather have one somebody else made.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2008, 11:08:41 am »
Here's the point I got from N2Everything.  Nice, solid, sharp-edge point.  Will make a great neck knife...or similar.  Thanks N2!

Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2008, 09:19:12 pm »
Here are the points I received this week.  The top one is from twistedlimbs and the bottom one is from Outbackbob48.  These are some great points to add to the collection.  Thanks guys.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2008, 10:48:53 pm »
Some great looking points guys. I'd be proud to have any of them in a collection. ;)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2008, 10:46:59 am »
Good looking points there fellas - keep em coming :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2008, 08:38:04 pm »
  I've got all mine done, just have to get them in the mail. Helped Mechlesher out Friday night while we were sitting under the tarp in the rain. We were waiting for the N.C. Boz's, but guess they were afraid of the rain. Anyway Chris made a nice little point. It is a big step above his squirrel points. It was real nice.  Oh, Wade, found a nice little,broken, Paleo point and some inscribed pottery down at the village site Saturday after the rain.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2008, 10:51:52 am »
 Have made several points and broken several others,really enjoying the production,just getting my hand back and ready to start on some nice material I have been saving.I've a couple of candidate's for the point I am sending to Keenan,but am holding out to see what comes of the next few efforts.Got some really nice chert that ought to make beautiful points.  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Keenan

« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2008, 11:49:12 am »
 Anticipation is awesome. ;D ;D

Offline Blacktail

« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2008, 08:09:19 pm »
hey keenan, who did you send a point to..i want to see some of your chipping..please....i want to see if your chipping is as GOOD as your bow making  ;D...later john

Offline Keenan

« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2008, 11:03:39 pm »
 Thanks John, throw me right in front of the bus and spotlight. Thank you for the compliment to the bows that I've made. Still feel like a rookie in many ways. Humbly my flint napping skills are a few years behind the bow making. And regretfully it shows. I'm learning and getting better but as I look at some of what is being turned out I am very much reminded that I have much to learn. I hope and pray that the unfortunate victims (Chris Cade, Hillbilly,and Woodbow) that I am to send to are pleased with what they receive and that my efforts don't end up on the wall of shame ::)
  I've made several then seeing other decided that they weren't good enough and I've since made more. Thankfully improving each time.