Author Topic: need to make a tiller...  (Read 4599 times)

Shooter_G22

need to make a tiller...
« on: October 09, 2008, 10:53:22 pm »
ok Gurro's...

i need help to make a tiller or a tiller tree or tiller stand... i dont know the correct term.. soo please forgive me...

i have been trying to make these bows... and a the first few snaped on me but luckely i was to be able to save one as some may know from my last post...

however i dont have a "tiller tree..."   i have been doing my tillering by floor tiller until i can sring it and then i put paracord or 550 cord as the string but that string gives a  little bit and then i only have about an inch from string to bow when i really start to excersize the bow...

i know this is probably why i have been having such a difficult time trying to make these bows...

but i didnt have a book or video and i'm just try to do the best i can how i can...   soo i string the bow and hold the string down with my foot and pull the bow up towards me and i bend over and look at the limbs while pulling?   ;D  ;D  ;D ... i know this must be a silly way of doing it.. but hell i didnt or still really dont know what im doing...   just trying to do it..lol...

i did read some post and i picked up that somebody was telling somebody else you should start getting the fades to bend first...  i take that , that the "fades" means the part that ends the handle and starts the limb correct??? when i read that i was like "OH" well that makes sense... lol...  i might have had better luck if i knew that a few weeks ago..lol..  at least i think thats right... right???

anyhow...   i need to make a tiller tree and i think i have a good idea of what its supposed to look like... i saw several on here while reading post but i could use some help and maybe some pics or instructions... 

any help / advise wil be appreciated... thanks...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: need to make a tiller...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 06:50:35 am »
Here are some pictures of a tiller stick and my tiller board[Rope and pully system]There are some guys on here with some really nice ones,but this works for me.Hope it helps. :)
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
Re: need to make a tiller...
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:44:14 am »
Here's mine. It's portable. All you need is a bare wall. Yours doesn't have to be. Make a shelf. Below it attach a pulley. The hardest part is figuring out how to attach the pull rope to the bow. Get a stout rope for the pull cord. Jawge
http://georgeandjoni.home.comcast.net/~georgeandjoni/directions.html
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!