Author Topic: What Dreams are made of  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Keenan

What Dreams are made of
« on: October 04, 2008, 01:48:09 pm »
 Came across this video and thought it might inspire some who have dreamed of one day taking an elk hunting trip to start saving and planning. Even if you don't tag one the experience, sights and sounds make dreams that last a lifetime. Enjoy, crank the volume this one is good ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1vXl_3614&feature=related

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: What Dreams are made of
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 04:39:34 pm »
Yes sireeee! That's a nice un!      Next time I go to Colorado I want it to be a little later in the season. We were a week early when I went with Kenneth before.   I'd love to hunt Oregon too; both coastal range and  inland.        I did get to hear bugling when I was in Colorado and ran down the sunny side of the drainage while the bull ran down the dark side, bugling the whole way down. I kept him interested with a cow call but at the bottom by the creek he turned down stream, screaming all the way, without showing himself. That 15 minutes made the hunt for me!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 04:43:24 pm »
Yep, definatly dream fodder. Big bull for sure but did not look like 400 points to me. But any way I dont rate elk on a scalle of 1 to 400.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 05:21:15 pm »
 Yep I said the same thing when I first saw it.No way is it 400. I'd say a solid 350-360 but like ya said who's counting.  Bull or cow they all taste good ;)   Just something about watching them prance around with thier heads held high. ;)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 06:08:14 pm »
There are at least 3 different bulls. The one with mud on his left #3 I would say is closer to 330.  The one with a good #4 on the right but not matching on the left is 350 to 360.  The big old boy out on the sagebrush flat (right at the 1 minute mark) with the huge #4s is pushing 400. All of them are pretty nice though.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 11:54:31 pm »
don't know about the  pope and young scores but all of them would taste good with taters and cornbread ;D gotta love them bugling warriors... something every hunter should get the opportunity to witness...HAWK a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 11:52:39 pm »
 dang.. someday I'd love to get a few elk- thats some great footage too-jimmy
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.