Author Topic: bow finishing rack video  (Read 2313 times)

Offline The Burnt Hill Archer

• Potter County, Pennsylvania
bow finishing rack video
« on: October 04, 2008, 09:51:58 pm »
i pretty much explain it in the video, but ill tell ya here too. this is a video i made tonite of my finishing rack i put together. i cant remember where i saw the thing, but just letting you know, it wasnt my idea originally. i used dacron for the strings. this makes it really easy to do the whole finishing process, from staining/dying, to putting on the finish. it lets you work on the whole thing with minimal contact. its pretty crude, but i just threw it together in a couple of minuits.

Phil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouSoxOhCoCo
stalk softly, and carry a bent stick.

Shooter_G22

Re: bow finishing rack video
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 02:23:20 am »
well i wish i would have seen this video yesterday... cuae i have been fighting withthis bow all day on its coats of laquer i have been puting on it...lol...   i get it shot and then set it down on something i thout would be good and then i come pack to it latter thinking its done and relieze that it has a scuff or smothing that makes me give it anohter coat... been fight with that thing all day... well i guess tomarrow im gong to have to steel that design and make me a finishing rack like your...lol.. ;) 

thanks.. for your post and video i'm definantly going to use that one.. going to make one tomorrow... thanks again...

Bowbound

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 06:28:39 am »
Looks like it would work, perhaps i'll make one sometime. I bet you could use the same sting hanging method without the rack though and that would probably work.

Offline The Burnt Hill Archer

• Potter County, Pennsylvania
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 09:37:09 am »
yup josh, thats how i used to finish them. i would make a slip-knot and hang them from a beam in my garage. the good thing about this is that you can put it almost anywhere, including in the hot box to help cure the finish.

glad ya like it shooter, i was hoping somebody would get some use out of it. ;D

Phil
stalk softly, and carry a bent stick.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 11:00:10 am »
kinda crude (looks wise) but very effective,i like the idea.

usually i finish the belly,then the back.however with this tool one could do both sides at the same time.
yup gonna have to make one just like it,crude looks and all. i know where to get the wood from too,one of my neighbors is building a new garage and there is lots of scrap lumber laying around and i know they aint gonna care or miss a piece or two.

thanks for the post

peace,
                                                                                       tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd