Author Topic: dismount bow pics  (Read 4240 times)

Offline dismount

dismount bow pics
« on: October 03, 2008, 11:02:12 pm »
Hey, Here are a few pics of my bows. No one has really seen most of these. They are nothing special but I like them cause I made 'em! If you want sto see a bow in particular let me Know. I'm wide open for anything you see I need to work on so let me have it. Osage  is real addictive stuff. Hey Okie1, Tell me which ones to bring next month.   Dismount

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
Re: dismount bow pics
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 11:14:16 pm »
Those all !! look very nice .. I would love to see more of all of them ! but if you make me chose which one to see more of it would be 1 through 6... ;D

Offline dismount

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 11:33:52 pm »
My daughter will fix the rest of my pics so they'll fit the post  tonite, so I'll put some more up in about an hour.  Thanks, kningthd  Dismount

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 12:15:33 am »
Great lookin' bows.
Bring 'em all! ;D
Can't wait to see 'em in person.

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 12:23:22 am »
Beautiful bows! Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Badbill

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 12:59:53 am »
How do you shoot #4 upside down like that? ;D

Offline wally

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 05:56:21 am »
Good looking bows dismount, you should be proud. I'd like to see n0 2 up close-just love natural stickbows and that looks sweet
and hey! Let's be careful out there

Offline cracker

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 09:43:11 am »
No.2 is especially interesting in the handle area in particular.Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Arthur Herrmann

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 09:55:18 am »
Maybe I am just boring, and have not developed a taste for character, but bows 1 and 6 are amazing.

But they all look great, and someday I hope I can make a beauty like 1 and 6.  :)

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 10:52:47 am »
Nice collection of bows there dismount! I like em all too, that osage is very addictive stuff :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Canoe

• Progress - Not Perfection
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 12:27:45 pm »
Howdy Dismount,

Hay, I just have to mention (or ask about) the Plain Style quiver...?

Any chance you might post a few closeups of the quiver?  I have the material to put one together - just looking for a nice / unique design.

Oh, yes...  The bows are very nice and you should be proud of them.  And to receive comments and compliments from a bunch of guys (and gals) who know how much skill and effort goes into making 'em has to be especially gratifying.

Good Work,
Canoe
"Nature is a mutable cloud which is always and never the same."  - R. W. Emerson

"Wilderness is not a luxury, but a necessity of the human spirit."    -Edward Abbey

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 01:29:07 pm »
Hey Dismount. good looking stable of bows you got there. How bout some details if you don't mind. Glad to have you posting.  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline dismount

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 02:27:26 pm »
 :)Thanks for everyones compliments. Yes, it means alot to me when you've made something that the pros approve of! You guys are very kind! I picked up the quiver at Woolaroc rendezvous off a blanket for 15.00!!!! I'll post closeup of it. Here are Specs. on bows:
 Bow # 1 661/2'' n to n 13/16 wide @ fades.Its a narrow pyramid shape. 44# 2 27''.

#2  643/4 n to n 9 knots in it.Almost threw it away. Took 9 steams to get it to track. Put the big knots in handle and backed it with sika stag  also sika tip overlays.
Draws about 50# 27''

#3  Is "Murder Hole" 581/2'' n to n. Just made it but think it draws 53# @ 26''. Had a 5'' deflex in one end of stave plus prop. The knot hole midlimb was murder to work around! This osage is really dark and oily and has 11 rings in the limbs.Its a D bow with a semi working handle. MY favorite style. Super fast for me and drive an arrow 5'' out back of black hole target at 18 yds.

#4 Only attempt at a billet bow. P.A. article got me through this one! 50# @ 27''. NO shock Glue joint gave up last MO. and came apart during draw. Boodied my lip. Sh ould have used Urac. Fixed it 2 weeks ago for good It's  a D bow also with some snake in the tip. Sorry for talking so much ! I'll post #5 and 6 specs later Phil

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 02:46:44 pm »
good lookin bows !
                       Dennis
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 02:51:29 pm »
 Dismount  those are all special man.You made them ! I bet they actually shoot arrows too !That makes them 10 times more special than any other bow on the earth.I am making my second self bow right now (The 1st one broke) I really like the looks of #6.  Good work ! !     Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington