Author Topic: Art Butner??  (Read 6066 times)

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
Art Butner??
« on: October 03, 2008, 08:21:58 am »
I would like to see a pic of some of his arrows if any of you guy's got one to share?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Art Butner??
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 09:33:34 am »
 I'll take some when I get home.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 09:45:07 am »
I'll try to get a few taken also. If you search back last July and August there should be pics of the sets Art made for Kenneth and I for our elk hunt.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline knightd

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 10:05:06 am »
I can't seem to find them.. What was the post name?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 10:58:37 am »
Colorado Elk Hunt?   Maybe "ELKIE".
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline knightd

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 11:13:57 am »
Wel I tried it but still cant find it .. I'm not that lucky..lol..

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 11:27:57 am »
i'll take some pics of mine also.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline TRACY

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 12:15:02 pm »
What makes them so desireable?

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 01:49:04 pm »
Art Butner!    Art is a true artist when it comes to building arrows, especially cane but all of his arrows are not only beautiful but hunt worthy.  8)        Pat

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 05:02:14 pm »
   Here's some of my arrows that I have been lucky to get from Art. Some of these are dating back to 2005. The double edge broadheads are Art's Trade points. These are some of the prettiest, straightest bamboo and cane arrows along with the lone poplar arrow you will see. I'm really proud to be able to hunt and shoot these great looking arrows. The sun is so bright today, these pictures don't really do them justice. Enjoy! :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lakeland, Florida

Offline knightd

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 05:05:10 pm »
Wow those are nice!  Thanks for the pics..

Offline artcher1

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 05:55:29 pm »
Glad to see that you still have a few of my arrows left Eddie. Looks like you're not near as hard on arrows as I am  ;D. How's those trades holding up?

Takes good material to make good arrows Pat, and like I said, you got the best weed (hill cane that is) around! How's your hunting going?

Knightd, haven't made many arrows lately but I've got a few pics of earlier arrows. Will see what I can dig up. ART B

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 06:37:13 pm »
Only been once Art. Had a doe at 10 yards but she had to be somewhere else...and quick!  ;D
  You been hunting this year?  Hows the gang?  Hey to all!   Pat

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 08:02:11 pm »
  Art, the reason I'm so nice with those arrows is I pick GOOD shots. If I trash one I want it to be at meat. I still have to put a foreshaft in the one the hog bit off. The trades are holding up real well, they sharpen up quick,, , I've had three misses with them so far, >:(  I'm going out in the morning, maybe I can stick something. I found some Sasa bamboo at a job site, it's dry now.., ::) O:) :)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline artcher1

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 08:37:16 pm »
Those does are ten times harder to kill then a buck Pat. Don't make it too challenging for yourself, go after the bucks >:D! Our season doesn't come in for another two weeks yet. My legs are getting to bad to chase them critters much anymore. May have to wait till the bucks and does dumb-up at rut time and let 'em come to me ;D. All are doing fine, will see most of them tomorrow, will tell 'em you said hey.

I pick good shots too Eddie, only I don't shoot very well anymore :'(! Really don't like that Sasa boo Eddie, but I hear tell that's Cade's favorite arrow material >:D ;D-ART B