Author Topic: YEW longbow....(not for BOM)  (Read 23568 times)

a finnish native

Re: YEW longbow....(not for BOM)
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 06:40:09 am »
I see :-X freedom of speech..
no offence

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 06:40:32 am »
O.K. ...breaking the silence for one post only !

I've being answering every question by P.M., as well as thanking again by P.M. anytime someone praised my bows.

as well as writing PM's with praises to anyone that posted a bow that I liked !

...So for all of you that like to stir things up, please go hide somewhere, Dana, Bye Bye, adb, get a life, finnish native, I hunt glass bows a lot, so if you don't know what you talking about ,...shhhhh.

Since you guys don't  have anything else to do and obiously try stear things in different ways, I say it again, I comunicate via PM's

.......let it go, this is just a thread showing a bow, like on other threads you are the ones trying to make it a confrontation ::) ::)

signing off now.!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 08:06:20 am by NOMADIC PIRATE »
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 07:02:41 am »
All right guys,lets keep it civil,Manny can show a bow anytime and if he doesn't care to respond,that is his right.I know sometime it is hard,but if you don't have something positive to add,Please just
keep it to yourself,we are all supposed to be friends here and about trying to help with
bows and Primitive skills.Have a good Day. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 10:17:36 am »
Well said Pappy!
  If you guys don't like the way Manny is handling this, send him a PM and let him know your feelings. There is no reason to use that attitude here on PA. There are plenty of folks that appreciate the fact that Manny has chosen not to submit his bows for BOM and as a matter of fact, Manny has handled this the proper way and the way that was suggested by Old Bow to make his job easier for him. I appreciate the fact that Manny has chosen to still submit his bows for us to enjoy....and the fact that Manny has personally sent me a PM thanking me for my comments and for answering my questions about this beautiful bow. Thank you Manny for taking the higher path!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 10:51:49 am »
I've been asked to drop it so I will do so. Continue your "Vow of Silence" Manny if you so chose or you could
also let it go and participate openly in the forum. Last post for me on this subject. BTW it is a really nice bow and shows your skill as a bowyer.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

tpoof

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 11:41:00 am »
if anything... archers are an independent bunch...
working on bowyering gives one time for reflection...

time for a group hug! lol  O:)  ;D

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 11:45:54 am »
 ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 11:53:47 am »
Sweet bow Manny. Love the exposed sapwood stripe contrast on the back and the nice character knots.  Looks like a challenging stave to work to say the least but you pulled it off nicely. ;)

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 12:10:13 pm »
I respect Manny's position and his choice. A lot of guys leave forums and are never heard from again. The way Manny wants to handle his position gives us the advantage of continuing to see his remarkable talent as a bowyer. If he packed up and left PA all together a lot of us would greatly miss his posts.
With a fine osage selfbow, my elkhide quiver filled with cedar arrows fletched with turkey, and with the invitation of the forest, I am about as happy as a man can be.

Offline Loki

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 01:43:44 pm »
There's nothing in the world more special than a Bow made from Yew' and this one's a fine example of a Longbow! My one criticism is the backing,such a shame to cover up that creamy sapwood.
Durham,England

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 05:06:02 pm »
Total respect here...I have never been one to try and start a fight.  If I have questions I just PM him...always has been up front and patient when offered that opportunity.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 12:10:09 am »
Mani doesn't seem like the type that holds on to a grudge - I think he'll be back. Until then, let's continue to enjoy his wonderful work.
Gordon

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 01:44:06 am »
Mani doesn't seem like the type that holds on to a grudge - I think he'll be back. Until then, let's continue to enjoy his wonderful work.

exactly!
Frank from Germany...

Offline adb

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2008, 02:39:30 pm »
If everyone just posted pictures, and didn't make any comments, it wouldn't be much of a forum, would it?

Offline stiknstring

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 03:17:02 pm »
Hmmm...PM and ask a question. Manny answers, isnt that participation? Maybe your view of the forum is skewed. I think the forum takes all types to be successful...frequent posters, those who give TOO MUCH information, those who want to post pics and let us drool, angry people, peacemakers etc...if we were all carbon copies of eachother wouldnt it be a boring place to be?  Think on that for a while ADB...does EVERYONE have to post comments ALL THE TIME.???? I think not.