Author Topic: YEW longbow....(not for BOM)  (Read 23569 times)

Offline Cromm

Re: YEW longbow....(not for BOM)
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 06:55:50 am »
 ;D
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline shamus

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 10:36:40 am »
Superb job!

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 01:45:00 pm »
Damn.
With a fine osage selfbow, my elkhide quiver filled with cedar arrows fletched with turkey, and with the invitation of the forest, I am about as happy as a man can be.

Offline bowmo

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 02:13:52 pm »
Awesome bow manny! Love the knots. Also LOVE that tree in the backround...amazing!

It's also cool to see someone else who has won b.o.m. a couple times and seems to think that they would rather see someone else win it. It ment a lot to me the first time I won it, and I would rather get to see someone who has never won it get have that same feeling...

dan

Offline DanaM

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 08:12:42 pm »
This may make some of you mad but enough is enough! Bowmo Manny is not being noble and letting someone else win BOM! He is protesting BOM and PA in general. He's mad because PA printed hunting stories that involved fiberglass bows. He has told me that he's made a "vow of silence". So I have to ask why even post your bows here Manny??? You have an enormous amount of talent so why not share your knowledge?  People have asked you questions on this thread so why not answer them? Or is it you like to have people tell you how wonderful and skilled you are? Frankly I find your attitude infantile and ridiculous! If your going to take a "vow of silence" than don't bother to post your bows either!!!

Sorry friends if I've ticked any of you off but I refuse to place anyone on a pedestal and worship at their feet. This site is about sharing our knowledge with each other but Manny has decided not to do this. He posts his bows and everyone praises him but he doesn't bother to answer your questions or make a nice comment on other bows posted so I don't see why anyone should respond to his posts!!!!

Care to offer a rebuttal Manny?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline bowmo

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 08:18:13 pm »
Ah well that is certainly something else entirely... I just choose not to post my bows anymore...or at least not fulldraw shots. I have won BOM three times now and that is more than enough for me.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 08:19:18 pm »
Very admirable Bowmo, but I for one would love to see you posting your bows again :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline bowmo

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 08:25:51 pm »
Ha...thanks Dana...

We'll see...but what also needs to be factored in is that i'm lazy computer wise...and that i'm also sucked into flintknapping for the last year... Fully addicted...

Offline Bent Rig

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 09:11:50 pm »
SD - I don't see anything wrong with it - def.--forum = "a place for open discussion" -  that's if one wants to particapate , it is still a free country isn't it . I enjoy looking at his bows nonetheless - one can learn a great deal just from pictures .  ;D
Syracuse , NY------------"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                                                                                     - Benjamin Franklin

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 10:17:02 pm »
 Uh, huh, Bent rig. I agree :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

tpoof

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 10:43:20 pm »
His work speaks for itself!   :o ;D

Offline adb

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 11:03:44 pm »
I agree with Dana. Good grief. Participate fully, share your knowledge... or not. This isn't a protest site, it's an archery site. Eye candy aside, it's a little ridiculous to just post pictures without any comment or willingness to answer questions. You make nice bows Manny. Show us your stuff... engage in conversation, and get over it already!!

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 11:24:50 pm »
His work speaks for itself!   :o ;D
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Anybody  Anybody NOT understand ?

a finnish native

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 05:30:57 am »
I agree with Dana. I have hunted with bows that have had glass in them, but still no arrow shelf or nothing. that doesn't make it any easier to hunt if the bow has a srip of glass on it. I really do admire your work manny, but this is messed   ;)up man.
it seems that you rank your self above all by not answering polite questions. and all because a story that had glass in it? just messed  ;)up.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:14:27 am by Pappy »

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 06:15:08 am »
Nice bow manny,well done.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good