Author Topic: Tiller check please  (Read 9549 times)

Offline DanaM

Tiller check please
« on: August 28, 2008, 02:15:18 pm »
Here's a short osage I'm working on. Draw is 25" what do you guys think of the tiller? You can also see how wonky my left shoulder is >:( I'm working to extend my draw
but it hurts, may have to try going back to lefty.

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Tiller check please
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:19:26 pm »
Dana, Looks good but the tips could bend a bit more and that will give you a few more inches of draw.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:26:09 pm »
Looks pretty good Dana, I don't remember any of your bows ever looking bad come to think of it ;D. Now, after staring at those pictures till I'm about cross-eyed. It looks like that top limb is a little stiffer around mid limb, not much though.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Shaun

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 03:59:18 pm »
What Cowboy said. Just a smidge in the middle 1/3 of the top limb. Then again, how does it shoot and feel?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:35:29 pm »
Thanks guys, I also thought the top limb is a bit stiff in da middle. Pat I have it tillered to 26" and thats plenty for
my miserable draw :) It does shoot hard and fast, I'm actually impressed with it. It has a bit of handshock, its at 16 oz
and I believe I can narrow the tips to lose an ounce which should put me right on the money by way of badgers mass theory,
should also allow the last third to get a slight bend and reduce hand shock. Oh yea its pulling 50#@25" and I believe it was 58" NTN
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Dano

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 04:57:22 pm »
Looks great to me, I like the tips stiff anyhow. I agree the upper mid limb is a tad stiff too.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:10:20 pm »
Nice bow Dana. I'm with everyone else, just a bit stiff mid top limb. Can you flip it and put the stiff limb on bottom?

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Papa Matt

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 05:14:38 pm »
Just a tad stiff on the middle third of the upper limb, Dana ol boy. But a plenty nice boy. Don't know if ya hunt 'em, but it comes across to me as being a good squirrel or rabbit bow.

~~Papa Matt

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 06:01:55 pm »
Good lookin bow there ol buddy. Hows things in da UP?
R.C.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Skeaterbait

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 07:04:12 pm »
I like the tips stiff anyhow.

That's a pretty common statement Dano but alas, age gets us all..... >:D

Offline Dano

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 07:20:46 pm »
Lonnie, get your mind out of the gutter, GEEZE!!! When ya get old most every thing is stiff. :-[
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline DanaM

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 07:33:42 pm »
I agree Dano,everything gets stiff words to live by ;)

Papa Matt dis is a deer bow, she shoots hard and fast :)

cracker its starting into fall up here in da UP :)

Okie I can shoot it right side up or upside down, left or right hand :D I'm not kiddin either but it seems to shoot best with the upside up ::)

I will take a few scrapes on that limb tommow and also take a bit of the sides on the last third to lighten the mass a tad.

Thanks for the input guys :)

Manistique, MI

Offline John K

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 07:42:49 pm »
Looks good Santa Dana ! I hope you make some meat with it this year.....are leaves turning up by you yet ?
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline sailordad

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 07:55:23 pm »
ya i would say just a smidge stiff mid upper limb,other wise looks real good there santa

as far as the left shoulder goes,i dont see nothing wrong there,thas how mine looks ever since my surgery and i can hit what i'm aiming at some times ;D
just as long as i doesnt move and if it does move as long as it moves in front of he arrow :D

tim

i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 08:45:48 pm »
Ya John a few trees are showing color.

Tim a doctor is also responsible for my shoulder ::) And I always hit something on every shot jsut not always what I was aiming at :-[

Manistique, MI