Author Topic: 2nd Annual Christmas Trade...ship Jan 5  (Read 233127 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: 2nd Annual Christmas Trade
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2008, 05:46:12 pm »
 Uwe, I talked to Santa, I'm sending him your address. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2008, 07:19:32 pm »
Thought I should mention again my stats:

27" draw length, love em in the 50-65# draw range. I also like Knives, arrows, speats, and other emplements of destruction. Anything that can go ballistic is a major pluss. I also like knappable material and any other raw materials I can make stuff from.

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline DanaM

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2008, 07:46:44 pm »
No raw materials allowed unless its in addition to the hand made gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

knightc71

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2008, 07:53:18 pm »
I don't reply on here much, but I thought that I would enter for this because I like to make things for others to enjoy and I thought that it would be fun.  I am right handed.  Have a 25" draw length.  The poundage would be between 30-45#.  I enjoy things that are made from the heart.  It seems that most people are to much into going to the store and buying something for someone instead of actually thinking about it and doing something from the heart.

Thanks

Offline DanaM

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2008, 08:00:29 pm »
Glad you joined Cora and you have the right attidude "A Gift From The Heart" after all Christmas is all about giving not what ya receive :)

Perhaps some of the other entrants spouses will see this and decide to join :)

Merry Christmas Cora
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2008, 08:40:35 pm »
Gee I hope that I draw Cora.....She is my Kinda Person......Fromn the HEart....thats the Way it should always be...I have all of my Life Made stuff for Gifts....and I think that most of what I have given....has ended up Sold or tossed away....because I barely ever see them again!! Most People dont like Handmade stuff....they want Store Bought....because it is the American Mentality that if it comes from a Store....it has to be better Quality.....I say Bull!!! Give me a Handmade Axe Head any day!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline robbsbass

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2008, 10:51:27 pm »
Ok Dana I'm in, I like anything to do with archery right hand-draw length 28-29 #55 max. Remember it's not the price of the gift but the reason it was given.pm already sent.
        Robb
live each day the best you can

Offline John K

« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2008, 09:51:39 am »
Looks like this is shaping up to be a good one !

How many people did we have in it last year  ???
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline DanaM

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2008, 10:48:35 am »
So far we have

1.) Dane
2.) JohnK(a.k.a. formerbuthcher)
3.) cowboy
4. )PatB
5.) Okie1
6.) n2everythg
7.) Kegan
8.) Kyle
9.) knightd
10.) madcrow
11.) sailordad
12.) Hillbilly
13.) hickoryswitch
14.) Otoe Bow
15.) D.Tiller
16.) ryano
17.) El Destructo
18.) agd68
19.) deerhunter97370
20.) Keenan
21.) Cromm
22.) Justin Snyder
23.) venisonburger
24.) Hawkbow
25.) sawfiler
26.) skeaterbait
27.) nugget
28.) waterlogged
29.) The Burnt Hill Archer
30.) JesseS
31.) Dano
32.) TracyF
33.) Pappy
34.) kayakfisher
35.) mullet
36.) koan
37.) knapperderg
38.) Uwe
39.) knightc71
40.) auggie
41.) Calendargirl
42.) minicalendargirl
43.)robbsbass

Sound off if I missed ya eh :)

John I think it was 43 last year :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 02:47:46 pm by Santa DanaM »

Manistique, MI

Offline Dane

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2008, 11:56:39 am »
Gee I hope that I draw Cora.....She is my Kinda Person......Fromn the HEart....thats the Way it should always be...I have all of my Life Made stuff for Gifts....and I think that most of what I have given....has ended up Sold or tossed away....because I barely ever see them again!! Most People dont like Handmade stuff....they want Store Bought....because it is the American Mentality that if it comes from a Store....it has to be better Quality.....I say Bull!!! Give me a Handmade Axe Head any day!!!!

A hand made axe head would be a wonderful gift. Draw my name :)

Seriously, I think people do think if it is not factory made and purchased in a store, it is not valuable or worthy. This crowd knowns better, though. That is why I hang out here.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline DanaM

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2008, 12:09:15 pm »
I remember some years ago my wifes family would get together at Christmas, everyone would bring a present then draw names and
first name drawn got to pick a present and so on. Well the wife's sister picked our present when she opened it she was disappointed and said thats not a real present!!!
We had packaged up a basket of homemade jams, pickles and stuff. At the time we were pretty poor and it was the best we could do, actually were still
pretty poor ;) Anyway that was the last time we participated in that little family tradition :o People are to caught up in the fancy crap from the stores and have forgotten how it used to be. Thats why I originally came up with this Christmas Trade deal and the most important thing is to give from the heart and don't get in it with any expectations about what you may receive. The best present is to make someone happy with the incredibly awesome gifts your all going to make and give away ;D ;D ;D

So remember be generous and give from the heart and put a smile on someones face eh :)

Merry Christmas eh y'all :)

Manistique, MI

Offline uwe

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2008, 03:53:47 pm »
Now I`m in! Thanks Santa, thanks Mullet!

Now I have to draw my stats. Drawlength 26", max drawweight 45#, bow in left hand, bowlength about 60". River cane arrows would be nice, native stuff. Or, if it isn´t rawmaterial, think its not, braintanned hide.
Regards Uwe

Dustybaer

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2008, 05:53:59 pm »
can't miss this again.  count me in as well.  as it was stated before, anything coming from this bunch would be a wonderful gift.  my stats: 25"draw length, right handed, around 50#.  since archery, especially the primitive kind, is my main hobby (other than music) i would appreciate anything related.  and yes, i'm willing to ship overseas (don't have much of a choice, i guess  ;D)

Offline cracker

« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2008, 06:17:34 pm »
Dear santa I would like anything having to do with sticks strings blades arrows spears axes spring water or food.My particulars are 28'' draw,50# on up right handed.In short I'm in.Ronnie"Cracker""
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2008, 09:16:29 pm »
Put me in for what Ron (Cracker) said! Good way to put it.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill