Author Topic: 2nd Annual Christmas Trade...ship Jan 5  (Read 218751 times)

Offline n2everythg

Re: 2nd Annual Christmas Trade...ship Jan 5
« Reply #345 on: December 05, 2008, 12:05:24 pm »
was really sweating this one.......

my gift is no surprise as I needed the foot off pappy in order to make up my gift. Actually this started out as I wanted some knee high brain tanned mocs and I thought they would be cool.... well then couldnt figure out what to make for the person I drew and decided that pappy had way too many bows from what I heard..... so anyway... Im still not much closer to having mocs for me but I guess that is what christmas is all about huh? So I got pappy to send me drawings of his feet and let him know what I was gonna make....

But like I said I was sweating it. Never did much tanning before besides a couple little critters earlier this year.  Was really stressin' about being able to make a buffalo tan work. Well it seems to have come out ok so far. Only got 1/2 the hide done but think I am finished with that 1/2 and can actually start on the mocs. I have no Idea how they will hold up to use but I am hopeful... and I guess there is only one way to find out.

Here is how it looks so far..... Merry christmas Pappy... well hopefully anyway..... If I cant make it work well then will send you something else that will be a surprise..... Later wade

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:43:50 pm by n2everythg »
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Keenan

« Reply #346 on: December 05, 2008, 12:11:58 pm »
 Your a lucky Dog Pappy, ;)

Offline John K

« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2008, 12:16:10 pm »
Man that hide looks sweeeeeeeet !!
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline DanaM

« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2008, 12:40:31 pm »
Mighty generous of ya but yer giving away the surprise, if not for Pappy then for the rest of us.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline deerhunter97370

« Reply #349 on: December 05, 2008, 01:52:52 pm »
Man that looks warm. Joel
Always be ready to: Preach, Pray, or Die. John Wesley

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #350 on: December 07, 2008, 08:09:33 pm »
Nice looking hide.   Doing this once or twice makes you understand why good leather costs what it does!!

piper

Offline DanaM

« Reply #351 on: December 12, 2008, 05:55:03 pm »
Got my gift done today ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #352 on: December 12, 2008, 08:30:00 pm »
                   Me too.....but I still feel like it's not good enough....or I need to add more with it............. :-\
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #353 on: December 12, 2008, 08:47:45 pm »
Mike, I'm the same way. I've been done with mine for a month now, but now I am starting to feel like it might not be enough. I already added to it once. Maybe I should just send it out so I'll stop thinking about it. :-\

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #354 on: December 12, 2008, 09:00:40 pm »
That is the same way i am also. I have added to my gift twice. I have also started a new project to add to it. Tis the season for giving ;D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline sailordad

« Reply #355 on: December 12, 2008, 09:09:26 pm »
sheesh,and i only got the one and i am still working on that.oh and three rooms of the house so my time is busy
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline nugget

« Reply #356 on: December 12, 2008, 10:06:33 pm »
Good luck with the 3 rooms and the gift.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #357 on: December 13, 2008, 06:37:34 am »
Thanks guys now ya got me doubting my gift so I think I will redo part of it today, you guys are so much help ;) :D

Just a reminder folks Jan 5th is coming up fast

Manistique, MI

Offline nugget

« Reply #358 on: December 13, 2008, 09:17:34 am »
I am sure between now and the ship date I will add or change something with my gift. Hurry up Jan 5th

Offline sailordad

« Reply #359 on: December 13, 2008, 10:13:48 am »
ya i hope to have mine done and mailed by then  ;D
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd