Author Topic: 1st Osage bow. Tiller question (Now with Photos!!)  (Read 6780 times)

Offline sailordad

Re: 1st Osage bow. Tiller question (Now with Photos!!)
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 01:18:59 pm »
now thats a primitive looking bow                     nice

thats how i like em

but i would guess thatas a Quality Inn, rom looks exactly like the one i'm in right now

tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 01:20:56 pm »
Got MotelBow bookmarked for Aug Self BOM. Thanks.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

bowkill

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2008, 04:16:44 pm »
Actually it's an Americ Inn.  I'm an insurance adjuster.  Currently arguing with roof salesmen in Minneapolis Minnesota.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2008, 05:32:24 pm »
Actually it's an Americ Inn.  I'm an insurance adjuster.  Currently arguing with roof salesmen in Minneapolis Minnesota.

Dang....We know who has all the Money now.....AmericInn......dem aint no Super 8's......etter not shoot at their Chair Cushions!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

bowkill

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 09:05:47 pm »
I think they may frown on me shooting the cushins. :o  I did go out back and shoot a little.  That was after I took a little off the stiff limb.  It's still may be a little stiff, but for some reason when it's at the top I hit every leaf I point it at!!! Whit the other limb up, I hit a little to the right.   I guess the stiff one wants to be the top limb.

Now for my questions:   How much should I shoot it before sanding smooth and putting a finish on it?

What kind of finsih?  I wanted just a rub on finish, I don't want to spray it.  I was thinking of
                                   lindseed  oil.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 09:10:23 pm »
Once you are happy with the Tiller...shoot it 50 - 100 times....sand Her smooth.....check the Tiller again to make sure the finish sanding wasn't too much....and then rub 4-5 good coats of Linseed Oil into Her.....I like the smell of Linseed Oil....some cant stand it....but for sure the Maids will smell it!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 10:00:05 pm »
I work in the chip mill buisness this means I can shoot at the mill after work also a nice pile of about 10.000 cords of bow wood laying around.R.C.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Dano

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 10:07:51 pm »
I like the way Shaun thinks too.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 10:21:39 pm »
You did an excellent job on that. If you find the handshock a bit much take some wood off mid limb on. If not you are good to go. great you can work in a motel. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Shaun

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 11:16:54 pm »
Holy cow! another adjuster. That's what I do when I have to support my bow habit. Got a call to go to MNPLS about two weeks ago but was still busy near home with local claims. I have worked for the Crawford Co branch up there almost every year, good folks. I did a storm there for SF a couple years back and told them I had to leave by the end of October for the rut. The said the what??? I went to Gander Mt and got a paper antler set (kinda like a BK crown) and stuck it up on my Delbert cubical. Turned in my files on Oct 30 and hurried home to climb into a tree stand. Gotta have priorities.

I like TruOil for a finger rub on finish. Pick it up at WalMart in the sporting goods section around the gun cleaning goop - its a gun stock finish and comes in little brown plastic bottles. About $5 and you can put on a coat every few hours with light buffing between.

Good luck with the roofers

Offline sailordad

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 11:26:43 pm »

yup lots of strom damage in that area, your only qbout 60 miles from me  ;D

i live just north of there off of I94  in st cloud, atleast when im not on vacation. right now im in SC,be back around the 1st of sept

you can come look at my roof ifn ya want too,just had an adjuster look at my expedition, $1700 worth of small dents from hail on that one

have fun,thers probably a few more stroms to come yet this year

peace,
                                                                        tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd