Author Topic: character short bow  (Read 3066 times)

Offline burn em up chuck

character short bow
« on: August 11, 2008, 02:18:26 am »
i built this bow because of a previous post. the bow is 40" overall and 38 1/2" ntn and pulls 50#@16". the character in the bow is hard enough, then i gave it holmgaard type tips. truthfully it is outside of my experience level. it shoots very good. i think i will try another but longer.                                        
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline huntertrapper

Re: character short bow
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 02:56:41 am »
wow looks great sir1 and the color is awesome, i dont know if its a different way of fletching but id say your fletching is backwards.... ;D :D nice bow...
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 08:04:42 am »
Beautiful little bow,I love them character bows,looks like you got the most out of that piece.Well done. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 08:41:12 am »
That looks like a fun bow to shoot, turned out good! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 11:29:32 am »
Huntertrapper- that way i don't touch the fleching when placing an arrow on the bow string without looking. it's just quieter.                                                                                             Pappy- thank you                                                                                                                  GregB- thank you                               

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 12:37:45 pm »
I love short bows. Wrote an article about them for PA which never made it.  Your's is a great little bow. Bookmarked, for August Self BOM, too. 
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 02:57:59 pm »
Descent looking little bow. Still has pretty good string angles. On the next one get it bending just a little more out closer to the holmie taper.  You probably could have gotten another 6" of working limb on each limb.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 03:30:56 pm »
Cool little bow and interesting way to fletch. I assume they fly well like that.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:51:00 pm »
  OldBow- Thank you,and again for the bookmark.                                                                     Justen Snyder-Thank you,also for the advice.                                                                            Pat B- thank you, they work great; i haven't noticed any difference in performance just quieter.               

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 07:26:15 am »
Nice little pocket bow, and thats is some different looking fletch :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI