Author Topic: KITH  (Read 137214 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: KITH
« Reply #195 on: October 24, 2008, 12:23:00 am »
Sorry! Next one goes to "Woodsmann". Have to see who I'm doing the x-mass trade with. You may be the one!  ;)
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline woodsman1031

« Reply #196 on: October 24, 2008, 12:52:11 am »
i think the handle is two pieces of wood,or one that was split. if you look close ypu can see a seam in the last pic.

I see it now. It is hard to tell the way the grain is oriented.

I am so glad to hear about the knife.
  I hope you get to feeling better, I have had bronchitis before. It is VERY painful when you cough. I got bronchitis when I was still smoking several years back. I just knew the Dr. was going to tell me I had lung cancer.

Tommy
Jesus Saves!

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #197 on: October 24, 2008, 01:08:31 pm »
It's starting to get better now. a couple days ago it fealt like my right lung was trying to jump out of my chest. May be able to work on the knife this evenning. we shall see!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2008, 06:49:25 pm »
Finally got a day off to get some stuff finished-got mine done and boxed up-it'll go in the mail tomorrow. Hope the recipient likes it, I like the colors and the character with the hole in the blade. I knocked the blade out of a "boulder" of slag glass, handle is a piece of cholla cactus that I got from Cowboy (thanks, Paul!) with a burl maple cap on the end. There's a hole in the blade from a bubble in the glass(fun to run flakes through :) ). This one is 90% percussion, a little shy of 10" long overall.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline david w.

« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2008, 07:00:57 pm »
WOW! thats a pretty one :)
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2008, 07:19:16 pm »
Now thats one fantastic knife! Still waiting on the last knife so I hope its mine!!!!  ;)

Offline sailordad

« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2008, 07:50:28 pm »
nice lookig knife hillbilly, that red on the tip makes it look like its already seen blood >:D
love the handle too,nice combo 8)

tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

radius

« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2008, 07:50:39 pm »
hey it's Radius...

I want to apologize for being a lame-ass...i've been out of commission the last couple months, and my knives never got past the roughing-out stage...now i have no shop and i hang my head in shame for not being able to participate.  Whoever i was supposed to send to:  sorry, guys.

r

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #203 on: October 26, 2008, 10:00:12 pm »
   Instead of hanging your head in shame you could send the half finished knives to who you owe. Just send the unfinished knives as a "you finish it" kit.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:15:00 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #204 on: October 26, 2008, 11:09:22 pm »
Hillbilly that is one of the best looking knives I've seen..

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2008, 11:20:55 pm »
Dang Hillbilly, that's a beauty. The combination is great. You got my address, right? ;D

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline robbsbass

« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2008, 12:15:28 am »
Man I look at the work that you guys do and it never fails to amaze me just how talanted you guys are. It makes me feel embarassed to put in the bow that I put in, and then I see the talant you guys have. You guys should be very proud of your accomplishments.

Robb
live each day the best you can

Offline woodsman1031

« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2008, 06:01:25 am »
hey it's Radius...

I want to apologize for being a lame-ass...i've been out of commission the last couple months, and my knives never got past the roughing-out stage...now i have no shop and i hang my head in shame for not being able to participate.  Whoever i was supposed to send to:  sorry, guys.

r

Radius,

Who's names did you draw?

Tommy
Jesus Saves!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2008, 08:14:19 am »
Dang Steve thats purty, I got a line on where to get some slag glass but with winter closing in don't know
if I can get over there before freeze up.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2008, 08:40:21 am »
Dana, I used to be able to get big boulders of it from a rock shop near here-all different colors. The last time I was there, the guy said he wouldn't be able to get any more than what he already had. I think he said he got it from the Fenton company or something like that, and they were going out of business. It's pretty cool material to work- the texture is waxy, more like tough obsidian or good dacite than regular glass.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.