Author Topic: KITH  (Read 137199 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: KITH
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2008, 11:09:41 pm »
Eddie, glad you like it and that the PO didn't manage to mangle, break, fold, spindle, or mutilate it it between here and Boonville. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #226 on: October 30, 2008, 11:20:03 pm »
I finally got them finished.  Something always seems to go wrong when I am working on knives.  Sometimes the steel will no cooperate, but I fought them tooth and nail.  I used steel from an old sawmill blade about 1/8" thick after I removed a bunch of rust.  I used some elk antler for the scales.  They will be in the mail tomorrow, so Sailordad and Okie1, here are your knives.

Sorry about the pics, it was too dark outside.  I had to heat treat and temper three times, quenching in cooking oil twice and finally in warm salt water before they were hard enough.  The funny thing is that the blades that I cut from the other sides only took one quenching and they were right on.  There are a few scratches, hammer marks and maybe some of my leftover DNA on them.  They are fairly sharp, so don't cut your finger off.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #227 on: October 31, 2008, 12:36:56 am »
I'm going to be a few days late on getting the last blade in the mail. Sorry, some things have come up here that have taken all my time. It is going out though!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #228 on: October 31, 2008, 10:09:05 am »
Nice work, Eddie. Good looking knives.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline woodsman1031

« Reply #229 on: October 31, 2008, 10:15:24 am »
Very Very Nice!
Jesus Saves!

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #230 on: October 31, 2008, 05:33:50 pm »
Thanks Eddie, I'm sure they look great, but I'm here at work and can only see red X's. :( I'll check them out tonight.

John
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline sailordad

« Reply #231 on: October 31, 2008, 09:07:30 pm »
dude them is just sweeeeeeeet man  8) ;D

thanks,when i get back from great lakes training facility i will be running to the mail box to see if it has arrived.

tim.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline madcrow

« Reply #232 on: October 31, 2008, 09:43:05 pm »
I hope you both enjoy them and get some blood ( not yours ) on them soon.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #233 on: November 03, 2008, 09:08:52 pm »
YAAAA HOOOO

got home from work today and checked the mail,all kinds of goodies where there waiting for me. not only did i have my package from 3R's,i also had a package
from madcrow, my new knife.

i am proud to own this knife, the photos really dont do it justice. i will hopefully finish up my bow this week,this week end my neighbor is taking me to a piece of land
his family owns and he said i could hunt on for the rest of the year,he said there aint no trophies on the land just a lot of meat.
ifn i shoot one its a trophy to me and i damn sure plan on using this fine knife that i own to gut and skin it with.

i will try and post pics of the knife if my wife gets home with the memory card.

the back edge of the knife has really nice detail on it, i didnt first notice what was there, it just looked like finger grooves or grips on the back edge,after about 10 mins of looking and holding i noticed how fine of detail work there really is, the four closest to the handle are all in the shape of  arrow heads,really cool 8) looking.

thanks again madcrow

peace,
                                                                                   tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline madcrow

« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2008, 11:30:08 pm »
I am glad you like it.  Hopefully you will get many good years of use from it.

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #235 on: November 04, 2008, 09:10:34 am »
Got mine yesterday also. Thanks Eddie, it's great. It should last a life time. Like Tim said the pics don't do them justice. It's a heavy knife but balanced well in the hand. If I get a chance I'll put some more pictures up.

John
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline madcrow

« Reply #236 on: November 04, 2008, 12:05:44 pm »
Hopefully one day when you are old and senile you will be able to tell your grandkids the some redneck from North Carolina made it for you. :D :D  Glad you like it.

Offline madcrow

« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2008, 01:05:24 pm »
Anybody heard anything from Radius?  I was just wondering if he had sent anything out.

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2008, 01:42:49 pm »
Hopefully it will last longer than that... I'm pushin' the old and senile now. ;D

John

radius

« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2008, 04:08:03 pm »
here are the 2 knives i received...thanks guys...the stone knife is from DanaM and the steel knife is from Sailordad...

very cool