Author Topic: Can you save a bow (moisture has seep into the wood)  (Read 12775 times)

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Can you save a bow (moisture has seep into the wood)
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 11:58:37 pm »
Butch, im bout 10 miles north of Columbia and Auggie is just a few min. farther north from me..Lennies in Hannibal. Where exactly is St. Clair?
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 12:06:30 am »
Butch, One of the favorites woods for the Eastern Woodland style of bow was hickory. It is almost indestructible and they generally made longer bows. The Sudbury bow for example. Even with a bit of set it was a meat maker and defender.       Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Butch Speer

• St. Clair Mo.
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 12:18:41 am »
Thanks Pat. I'll definitely give it a try.

Brian,
I live on Hwy 47 near nothing :) Saint Clair is at the junction of Hwys. 30 47 & I44. I know Lennie. He buys one of my Santa carving for Momma every year. Were you guys at Mojam this year?

Butch 
God Bless
Butch
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 05:13:02 pm »
Unfortunately we couldnt make it to Mojam this year...quite a bummer I might add :'(....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....