Author Topic: New Cane Arrows  (Read 6982 times)

Savate

Re: New Cane Arrows
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 06:06:57 pm »
Those are nice!  I still have the one you helped me make (more like I just gaped in wonder while watching you do it). :)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 09:04:12 pm »
Great looking arrows Pat. Maybe I should color them for you so you don't get worried about ruining your pretty new arrows.  8) Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 11:21:43 pm »
Justin,  The only way to ruin these is to hang them on the wall. They are made to make meat! ;) I pulled the osage satatic recurve out of the utility room today and she shoots these arrows very well. So, now I have the yew and osage to hunt with and 3 (for now) arrows  cast.  The way my luck has been these last few years 3 will be plenty! ;D
  Thanks Armando. Time to make another ain't it? ;)         Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline TRACY

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 09:16:35 am »
Nice looking arrows. I really like the two fletch method. I found an article in volume 4 that demonstrates this, I think a Cherokee Two Fletch. Good job

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Little John

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 11:51:45 am »
Nice work as usual Pat. Beautiful arrows. How did you burn the fletch. I have been wanting to do up some totally primitive fletches with no feather choppers or fletching jigs, I think a stick from the camp fire with a glowing ember would do the trick. Good luck on your hunts.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 12:52:06 pm »
Kenneth, I have an old Young Feather Burner. I bought new ribbons and have 2 or 3 different sha[es I burn.   I believe the Natives probably used a hot ember from the fire to shape their fletching or they cut them with a stone blade. 
  Tracy. They fly very well. I have been experimenting with different shapes so mine are getting farther away from the originals.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Butch Speer

• St. Clair Mo.
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 02:44:13 pm »
Pat,
Good looking arrows. I like the looks of the 2 fletch. Has anybody done a how-to on it yet? Looks a lot quicker than a Bitz. :)

Butch

God Bless
Butch
Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 06:31:41 pm »
Awesome points and arrows.  I have got to learn to do that two fletch