Author Topic: PA Magazine Q and A  (Read 7910 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
PA Magazine Q and A
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:51:18 am »
Just to let people know there's going to be a new section in the PA magazine dealing with question on all aspects of primitive archery.  I will be heading this department so if you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me or send me a PM.  Please include your name and location with the question and make the question as detailed as possible.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline TRACY

Re: PA Magazine Q and A
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 02:47:21 pm »
Sounds like a great idea! Probably be sneding you an email or two. Thanks

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline robbsbass

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 10:21:42 pm »
Mark that is one of the best ideas in a long time. It will be extremelly beneficial to someone like me or anyone else new in this hobby of trying to make primiative bows.Good luck with it all and I'm sure ther will be other feedback from some of the other guys who know their stuff.

Robb
live each day the best you can

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 05:41:20 am »
Great Idea Marc,that will be a good addition. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Key

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 03:51:25 pm »
This is a  great idea. Not only will we get our questions answered but we will all learn from the questions asked by others.
Roger

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 10:52:35 pm »
That will  be an added benefit Key.  The answer to many problems will now become available in the magazine.  I have been asked a lot of questions over the years and many times those same questions were asked by other people at a later date mainly because the answer was only directed to the person that asked the question.  Or a question was asked and answered here on the board but there again the answer was lost in back pages or in some cases in previous versions of the PA message board that are no longer available.  This should be of benefit to many people new and old.

I will also have my snail mail address in the magazine for those people that don't have access to the internet.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Badger

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 10:56:41 pm »
Great idea Mark, should be a good addition to the magazine. Steve

Offline Key

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 10:40:31 am »
I will plan on making copies of this section of the magazine and making a booklet that I can up dated with each new issue. It will be  great reference material for me.
Roger

fdorigon

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 04:55:15 pm »
Just to let people know there's going to be a new section in the PA magazine dealing with question on all aspects of primitive archery.  I will be heading this department so if you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me or send me a PM.  Please include your name and location with the question and make the question as detailed as possible.

Hi Marc,

At eight years ago, I not sure,  I remember that I had read about an article of a only bamboo bow, with many pics. The bowyer has said that the bamboo is a "God gift", and the project was posted, but no more.
I live in Sao Paulo city, Brazil. I have really passion about ancient bows, but is not there Hickory, Yew, Osage Orange, and similars wood in Brazil, at least not native. Here we have Ipe, Bamboo, Lemon and orange wood, Eucalyptus, and others native wood.
Then, I am looking for the bamboo article above related, for helps of the woodbows lovers.

Any help will be very good!

And, excuse-me about my bad English.

Fernando Dorigon
Sao Paulo City, Brazil

radius

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 06:17:32 pm »
hey, ferdinand, su ingles es mejor que mi espanol...y mi portuguesa!

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 08:30:33 pm »
Fernando, was that "Bamboo Composites" by Kay Koppedrayer, Volume 7 issue 4?  Most guys here would love to trade for some of that good Ipe you have there. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

fdorigon

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 10:34:58 am »
hey, ferdinand, su ingles es mejor que mi espanol...y mi portuguesa!

Hey Radius, thanks for the words!

"Yo no ablo espanol, solo un ratito"! If I was born at Italy, like my grandfather, "parlaria italiano" mui benne, but no, really, just a few too. I am very good in brazilian portuguese, unhappy a "Code" at the world.
I am sure wich more people around the world speak "binary code" than portuguese! Well, this was a little joke.

Regards!

fdorigon

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 11:12:15 am »
Fernando, was that "Bamboo Composites" by Kay Koppedrayer, Volume 7 issue 4?  Most guys here would love to trade for some of that good Ipe you have there. Justin

Thanks Justins!

I think yes! Is the Kay Kopperdrayer a man that appears like a German tall, with white our gray haired, if my memory is good!
Is possible to buy this article online?
I live at Sao Paulo, a metropole, were I would like so much to find some ipes tree, but is not there here, in the city, sure. But i has buyied on a wood market a great stave for house doors, but without rind, already in plate. Properlly for bamboo backing, that I not yet found. Was just two months then I has been shapping my bow, for the first time. When I will have good Ipe with rind, I promess i will try to find some, and certanelly send to my boyers friends.
By the way, about the Ipe yet, I have some seeds, gifted to me for a brand of soap called "Ipe" too. This was a green our ecomarketing, but I can send us this seeds. Turn 3 our 4 years it could be cuted. I have 20 seeds. Ten is for you!
Send your adress if interested.
And, forgive-me for my english.

Best Regards

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 01:02:37 pm »
Fernando, I sent you a PM about the article.  Su inglés es mejor que mi portugués.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 11:22:27 pm »
I remember an article a few years back by a man from Germany about an all bamboo composite bow. I believe it had a R/D profile.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC