Author Topic: Mojam was a big time.  (Read 10320 times)

Offline Dano

Mojam was a big time.
« on: July 22, 2008, 11:05:51 am »
I know this is not the right place to post this, but I wanted to personally thank Pat Brennen for his donation of a fine bow to the auction we always have. This year the funds went to help reimburse the Marshall Bowhunters for the fire losses they had this spring. The auction raised about $4,400.00. The bow went to a good home, Pat you can always come to my house and see it if you feel the need  ;D I wish I had some pictures, but I am still trying to recoup from the drive, maybe in a few days. Pat is a fine man as most of you know, Thank you Pat.

Gas prices did not hurt the event one bit!! dang oil companies. >:(
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline Skeaterbait

Re: Mojam was a big time.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 11:09:37 am »
Glad to hear the club was helped out in such a way.

Dano, it was great to see you and I wish I could have said goodbye but you had wondered from camp a bit when we headed out. Looking forward to next year, maybe I will have some vacation time to stay for a couple of days.

Offline Dano

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 11:16:59 am »
Lonnie what can I say  ::) Good byes are tough at MOjam. It was great to see you and your new found love, I am happy for ya bud. 

Nevada

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:48:34 am »
Dano, I'm glad to hear the bow went to a good home  :-*  and I definately donated it to a good cause. MoJam is a very special event, to me and many others and has been since it began many years ago. I am glad I could finally contribute to it. Only hope I can make it there some day.  8)      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Badger

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 12:19:03 pm »
   It was sure good meeting a lot of the guys I have been seeing on line. Dano and I went to the same schools and played at the same parks as kids and then moved only about 2 blocks from each other as adults but never met until mojam, I thought that was pretty cool, Dano is a real hoot!! Steve

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 12:32:23 pm »
Steve, Did you get to try some of Dano's lemonade?  :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Rich Saffold

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 12:47:33 pm »
Even with the "oppressive humidity" it was a lot of fun, and like Dano said a great fund raiser..I tried to get a sip of Dano's Lemonaide, but it might have been a little "potent" since I didn't need to get any more dehydrated..

Sean (1/2 Primitive) makes some real fine bows, especially considering his ripe young age..Great Kid!

Hopefully some photos will show up here soon..

Rich

Offline Badger

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 01:26:21 pm »
     Pat, I kept eyeballing his lemonade but was afraid I might like it too much. It didn't seem to have much affect on Dano but that stuff makes me stupid!!!  Steve

Offline Dano

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 04:24:44 pm »
Steve and Rich ya gotta work out on the lemonade it's like runnin a marathon, except different ;D

Pat if it takes you as long to get to Mojam as it'll prolly take me ta get back east again, we both might be too old to enjoy it ::) but I doubt it.

Nevada

John Sturtevant

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 06:37:11 pm »
Glad to see everyone made it home OK….was good to see all of you.

Dano, I do hope you were able to remedy the flatulence issues before you got home.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 07:14:01 pm »
My wife and I made the trek a few years ago. Great time. Badger, when you spoke about oppressive humidity you hit a cord. I did my Basic Training and  AIT ant Ft Leonard Wood in MO July -October. For this Northern boy it was hot and humid. When I went to Mojam all activity had to be in the morning. Despite the humidity it was nice meeting people I knew from the internet. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline xin

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »
George, If you were    stunned with the humidity at Ft Leonardwood you would have flipped out at Ft Polk .  We lived in tents for most of basic and had 7 pipes coming out of a cement block wall for shower accommodations for 750 men.  My first night on guard duty it rained 18 inches.  No, that isn't a typo, 18 inches.  Ah, tents and humidity, it brings back such "fond" memories.

Offline Dano

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 07:40:05 pm »
John, all my problems seem to clear up when you drove out ta gate ;D You my friend are one sneeky practical joker, I like that .

Just so's ya'll know, Saturday night after the auction, a bunch of us went back to our camp site and as I went to set down it sounded like I blew out my shorts, I said excuse me, but it happened to be one of them fart machines, and John was the only one with his hands in his pockets. It wouldn't have been so bad, but when Kieth Bishop and his lovely wife Suzie came by to say goodbye. I gave Suzie a big hug and that dang machine went off, at first Suzie was very gracious, and of course I was very embarassed, thanks again John  ::) so naturally I had to point out the dang thing just to save what littlereputation I have left, and we all had a good laugh. There will be some revenge. >:D

Nevada

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 08:40:23 pm »
xin, Ft Polk, Louisiana. I can imagine. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

BuzAL

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 10:37:42 pm »
Thanks for the good times, Friends.  Y'all make twenty hours of driving seem like nuthin'.

PS. I put some pics on the Leatherwall.