Author Topic: My first osage effort  (Read 22240 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: My first osage effort
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 07:53:53 am »
I'll be out of here for a few days,can't wait to see the progess when I get back,easy and slow.
Look a lot and scrap a little. :) You can't put wood back on. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 10:21:46 am »
Get a short string on it before you go any farther... ;)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline cracker

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 05:18:14 pm »
Get a short string on it before you go any farther... ;)
Ryano I was thinking about low brace I really don't think its ready for full brace. What do you think?
Thanks Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 09:39:24 pm »
That's looking darn good to me Ronnie. That fade on the left with the whooptedoo kinda throws me a little but in the end you want a good even tiller. Both them limbs are looking good and stiff/stout. The eaisiest thing for me is to kinda get the limbs bending evenly, and get em going just at the fades, then a good symetrical bend from there to about six inches from the tips - that's just the way I like to do it :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cracker

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 10:02:17 pm »
That's looking darn good to me Ronnie. That fade on the left with the whooptedoo kinda throws me a little but in the end you want a good even tiller. Both them limbs are looking good and stiff/stout. The eaisiest thing for me is to kinda get the limbs bending evenly, and get em going just at the fades, then a good symetrical bend from there to about six inches from the tips - that's just the way I like to do it :).
Thanks Paul maybe by the end of the week I'll have some full draw pics for ya.R.C.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2008, 07:44:00 pm »
Looks mighty nice ronnie and a heck of a nice group there. So why haven'y you joined the Christmas Trade eh> :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 07:51:15 pm »
Looks mighty nice ronnie and a heck of a nice group there. So why haven'y you joined the Christmas Trade eh> :)
Dana thanks for the compliment. I intend to join the Christmas trade I'm waiting on a particular piece of raw material I want the gift that I send to be extra special.Cracker

Offline DanaM

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2008, 07:53:09 pm »
Well don't wait to long eh, and anything from a big ole cracker like you has to be special :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cowboy

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 11:31:13 pm »
Durn, Ronnie. Looking at the pic's I was thinking that the left limb was a tad stiff. But toward the end it opened up to match. Looking at that group of arra's - I'd say you've got yerself a good shooter. Fine bow ya got there, and wish I could shoot like that ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline cracker

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 01:31:02 pm »
Thanks Brother keep in mind that is only a ten yard group. I just thought it was amazing that it was the first arrows fired from a new bow.R.C.

Offline cowboy

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2008, 10:33:04 pm »
I've got to do some target shootin. Have been out haunting the critters, a lot of giveme shot's I've missed (just by a little :)). So that tells me that  - well, I've got my work cut out for me. I don't want to blow my first shot on a deer come season here in abouit a month ::) :).

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 10:37:33 am »
Nicely done. Tiller is right on. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2008, 11:37:17 am »
I'm with cowboy on the right limb,but sometime it is hard to tell on the tree,sometime
they look better when drawn by hand like you are going to shoot it.It wasn't bad at all
just looked like it needed a little but with it shooting like that I would leave it alone.Nice
job on your first Osage and nice shooting.I think you should be ready for opening day,all  you need is something to shoot at. :) :) Can't wait to see it all finished up. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good