Author Topic: Meat and Potato Bow/pictures  (Read 2830 times)

Offline kayakfisher

Meat and Potato Bow/pictures
« on: June 30, 2008, 07:14:02 pm »
It has been a little while since I posted any bows I actually have built several here lately.My wife asked me to make her one,and to put gold leaf on it ,well I did and it looked like something from ancient Egypt ,if you couldn't hit something with it you could blind it with the glare from the gold.So I redid it.58 inch knock to knock 45 pounds of draw at twenty eight inches,rawhide backed ,brown paint,part copperhead skins ,black elk hide handle.Cow bone tip overlays and strike plate.I got me a tripod for the camera like Andrea S suggested so hopefully my picture quality has improved enjoy and remember the critique given today may be the critique given tomorrow just joking fire away thats how we improve
                                                                                           Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline kayakfisher

Re: Meat and Potato Bow/pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 07:16:50 pm »
These pictures still suck and the money shot,I bring bows to Mojam ,Mobow how about a seminar on how to photograph me bows.
                                                        Dennis

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 07:20:58 pm by kayakfisher »
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:26:02 pm »
A little fuzzy, but the tiller looks nice and smooth.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:47:02 pm »
the money for the tri-pod,not wasted.
always nice to have one,you can take it hunting and leave it set up next to you with the camera already to go and take pice while ya hunt ;D

you might want to try a better camera though. i dont  know what kind you have right now or what you spent on it, i use the one i bought for my wife for x-mas last year(when shes not looking >:D).its 8 mega pixals at only 150 bucks,good deal for the quality and the $$.

like j.s. stated,a little fuzzy but tiller looks decent,hows it shoot? thats all that really matters and that  your happy with the outcome.

peace,
                                                                                            tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 09:37:30 pm »
Its a shooter .shoots real good where you point it , I did recurve the tips as you noticed and the wood is osage ,billets spliced together
                                                       Dennis

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 09:47:45 pm »
Good looking bow.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.