Author Topic: HICKORY WAMPANOAG BOW  (Read 41262 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: HICKORY WAMPANOAG BOW
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2008, 09:42:23 pm »
  I told ya so. You can't kill that stuff. Give it 3 years and it'll be 15' high. Then it's ready for shooting.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2008, 09:45:38 pm »
I used to haveone of those big long ponytails, too-but I cut it off when the rest of it started disappearing from off the top of my head.  >:(
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

radius

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2008, 10:46:51 pm »
yeah...i think this must be a different bow:  that picture was taken 3 years ago...!

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2008, 11:17:47 pm »
yeah...i think this must be a different bow:  that picture was taken 3 years ago...!

Scott....you know what some people like to Stir Crap Up....but instead of using a Boat Oar....you use a 200 Horse Mercruiser!!!

Hillbilly....when this Ojibwa starts to lose the Hair...then I'll shave My Head!!!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Rich Saffold

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2008, 12:05:24 am »
Ya at that angle it looks like a totally different bow, and that looks right on..I always like it better for these threads when they are shot like that as opposed to the stick for some reason..They look more correct..

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2008, 12:16:51 am »
Thanks Rich....I knew it wasn't as far off as the Picture showed...if any.....I had to lean it back against the Fence to get it to stay up...and it skewed the Picture so much that you can see the Tops of the Limbs and the Bottoms from the Side View....never should have posted that Picture!!!!!!! ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:45:52 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

radius

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2008, 12:55:35 am »
Mike, you're hilarious!  I gutted myself laughing when i read what you said up there...god, you are trouble.   Sent you a pm, btw.

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2008, 06:48:59 am »
Did I ever mention that I, ........ HATE FULL DRAWS FROM TREES AND STICKS ? ;D ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2008, 08:34:08 am »
Did I ever mention that I, ........ HATE FULL DRAWS FROM TREES AND STICKS ? ;D ;D

Yeah....you did!!!!!!

;)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2008, 08:56:25 am »
Nice bow Mike, I like its lines very clean. You still coming home in August?
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2008, 11:10:47 am »
This is a great candidate for July Self Bow of the Month. Thanks for the post :)
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline John K

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2008, 11:42:06 am »
Great lookin bow Mike ! I can see why they call them paddle bows......
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2008, 06:40:54 pm »
Nice bow Mike, I like its lines very clean. You still coming home in August?

Dana....I should be leaving on the 19th or 20th of this Month.....We are supposed to be entering the Salmon Tournament....but I have not called My Dad to make sure yet....I am a sort of Last Minute Kinda Guy!!!  I have to be back here....and in Austin, Texas for my youngest Sons wedding on the 8th of August...

Thanks John...I have a fondness for the Wide Limbed Bows.....they are my favorites
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2008, 07:13:48 pm »
Wow, what a lot of reading - have been on the river last few days, trying to catch up. Bow looks good, I'll have to try another one of them some day. First one went south on me :'(.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2008, 04:31:38 pm »
Well.......I got bored......and when I get Bored....you never know what is going to happen!!!....I got out the Dyes...and started working on My Bow.....ain't done yet....but should be done before the weekends up.....my eyes are too Old for this Crap....got me a Major Headache going from it...and have to stop...and get some Liquid Migraine Medicine.........you know.....the 107 proof kind!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
2024...We Will Overcome