Author Topic: HICKORY WAMPANOAG BOW  (Read 41261 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: HICKORY WAMPANOAG BOW
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 04:36:39 pm »
  I like it a lot more now. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2008, 04:45:38 pm »
Thanks Eddie.........But My Eyes and Nerves ain't what they used to be.....cant see closeup...and had too much Coffee today....I am shaking like and Aspen!!!! Need to relax and have a long Chat with Ole Weller!!! I will do some more on it tomorrow....cant see to draw the straight lines any more...... :-[
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 04:55:45 pm »
First question: What did you use for the colors dye or paint?

Second question: Can I have it ;D

Mike that is an outstanding customizing job, I for one am impressed :) Ought to paint yer Harley in that design ;)

I'm sure you can find room on yer Harley for it and I have a empty slot on my bow rack ::) :P O:)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline The Burnt Hill Archer

• Potter County, Pennsylvania
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 05:11:55 pm »
looks even beter than it did before! only less simple and strait to the point. i like it either way.

Phil
stalk softly, and carry a bent stick.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 05:31:07 pm »
                                Phil....I am Sorry....I couldnt help myself....too much of a Template for the Artist in Me!!!

Idle hands are the Devil's Workshop.....so My Momma Always Said!!!!!!!

And I was being lazy this Morning.and this just popped into my Head..........Demons I tell ya!!!!!

>:D

;D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 05:36:13 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 06:59:50 pm »
Luv the dye job!! A good bow made even better! Thats sweet!.....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline DanaM

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 08:56:38 pm »
Mike ya didn't answer either of my questions ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 10:48:24 pm »
Mike ya didn't answer either of my questions ::)

OK.......Dana

First Question........ They are Real Milk Paints......all Natural Pigments ....28 beautiful colors that saok in just like dyes

Second Question.....................Let me hear you Beg!!!!!!!!! ......................................Do you really want one????

2024...We Will Overcome

radius

« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2008, 02:27:37 am »
Don't give it to Dana!!!!  Please, please, please can I have it?  You did a great job on that paint, and i think you are the Undisputed Paddle Bow Meister!  You bring it with you to Portland, and I'll bring you one of my laminated bows, and we can trade...

Scott

Offline sailordad

« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2008, 02:38:00 am »
   el destructo,
you  probably knbow by now,i dont really like pretty bows.  i truly loved that bow before.

now thats a "pretty bow". however i think you did that bow justice with the design and style of the bow,truly an american native style bow.

you want to hear begging,hey man that bow is the shiznit,i would be honored to own something of that quality and beauty,not to metion being made by the hands of skilled master as youself.

truly now,no more b.s.. someday i truly hope to be able to build bows like you and some of the others on here. you are truly a skilled master when it comes to building native american style bows.

i have a hickory stave that i havent decided what kind of bow to make from it yet,all though i think i may have an idea now. ;)
but hey ifn you want to give it away,hell i'm thinking it would make a nice template for me to work with ;D

peace brother,
                                                                                                    tim

i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2008, 07:22:55 am »
Mike I have no idea what milk paints are ???

As for begging I don't think so :) I would like to see one and shoot one then I can decide if I like the style.

Beautiful bow mike :)

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2008, 09:47:49 am »
Mike I have no idea what milk paints are ???

As for begging I don't think so :) I would like to see one and shoot one then I can decide if I like the style.

Beautiful bow mike :)

I was just Teasing you ....dont get so serious on me now!!!  ::)  I will take one Home with Me ...so You can look at it.....and try it out....you may fall in Love with Thier Simplicity

As for Milk Paints....check this out.....  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein_paint
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2008, 07:49:10 pm »
Well that slicked up real nice (as in purty ;D). I'm gonna have to try my artistic hand some day - if I have one :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2008, 08:22:49 pm »
Well that slicked up real nice (as in purty ;D). I'm gonna have to try my artistic hand some day - if I have one :).

I hate Purty Bows...might just have to get me some Soapy Hot Water....and scrub this off....and Dye the Whole Bow dark Brown!!!

8)      :o     :o    8)
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Dano

« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2008, 08:42:17 pm »
I don't think our native american brothers cared much for perty bows either, well decorated yes. Nice job Mike.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada