Author Topic: HICKORY WAMPANOAG BOW  (Read 41525 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: HICKORY WAMPANOAG BOW
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 09:50:45 am »
Mike, that is the problem with relying on the elipse to heavily. You can change it to match the bow and don't always have the right elipse.  If you are using a stif handle you cannot use an eipse that is bending in the handle.  I was thinking what Rich said.  You made the limbs plenty wide to do the work, but you didn't use the wides part of the limb.  Your bow is bending at the area marked red and the wides part of the limb is between the green marks.  Now all of that extra width is extra mass that isn't working.  It is a beautifull design though.  Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 03:00:47 pm »
Nice looking bow, I like those paddle bows.
     Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 07:53:24 pm »
Thank You Greg.....Brian....Sean....I appreciate it....I know it's not perfect....but I think that the way it is leaning against the Fence is making it look a lot worse than it is....but the Wife was gone before I got Home from Work....She's working Nights........so I got the trusty Wildveiw Game Camera out....and do you know how much trouble it is to set one up to take your Picture!!! Every time I would Draw the Bow.....it didn't go off till I let down!! Took forever...but I got one for you at full Draw...not in the T Stick

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 07:59:43 pm »
  i still like it ;D

cant say the same for those legs though lol ;D

peace,
                                                                                   tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

radius

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 08:12:14 pm »
SD is right:  your stance is all wrong!  And you say I have an 18 pack! 

i think that bow looks pretty cool:  sure to get a lot of votes in bow of the month...but let's see you take on those sinew backed bows, buddy...

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 08:14:02 pm »
  i still like it ;D

cant say the same for those legs though lol ;D

peace,
                                                                                   tim

Hey..you leave these Legs out of it!!!! I am lucky that they are still there ...after my Bike wreck in 93!! I got two Rods in my Left Leg.....and 27 screws and 12 Plates...along with Sea Coral and Elk Ligament in my Right Leg and Knee...so I really don't care how Ugly they are....they are still real.......Just teasing Tim....not getting puffy....just Poking fun!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts on the Bow....and I am glad you don't like My Legs!!!!!!!!!!! ::) ;D ;)

Scott.....I  am 50....and thats not an 18 Pack......thats a Pony Keg.....and I earned every Ounce of it....with the Three Boys I have!!!!!!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 08:19:12 pm »
Very nice bow. That is excellent tiller for that style bow. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 08:23:51 pm »
                                                                 I'm So CONFUSED!!!!!!!

;D

Thanks Jawge!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 08:24:44 pm »
 hey el destructo,

my wife is gonna be mad at ya now,cause you just gave me a reason to go buy a game camera ;D >:D

ya i got two screws in my right knee,aint squat compared to you though.(had 3 surgeries at once on that one)
i ripped the heck out of my acl in kickboxing about a decade ago.man that surgery was the worst pain i have ever experienced.also two rotor cuff  surgies and gunshot wound surgery when i was very young

keep up the good work,and not just on the bows brother. you keep giving me ideas for buying new gadgets ;)

peace,
                                                                                             tim

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 08:27:35 pm »
SD is right:  your stance is all wrong!  And you say I have an 18 pack! 

i think that bow looks pretty cool:  sure to get a lot of votes in bow of the month...but let's see you take on those sinew backed bows, buddy...

Scott....you like this Stance Better!!!!

2024...We Will Overcome

Offline sailordad

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 08:29:26 pm »
hey i used to have one of those too. that thing on the back of your head.

i cut 17" off and gave it to locs of love for cancer kids,greatest feeling i ever had O:) O:)

tim

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2008, 08:32:35 pm »
hey el destructo,

my wife is gonna be mad at ya now,cause you just gave me a reason to go buy a game camera ;D >:D

keep up the good work,and not just on the bows brother. you keep giving me ideas for buying new gadgets ;)

peace,
                                                                                             tim

Tim....blame it all on Me.....if that will get you what you want!!! and tell Her She can get even on the 21'st of July....just wait on I-35 North somewhere...and when I come by in My White Shelby....she can toss rocks at Me!!!!! Sound like a Winner??   >:D

As for the Hair....I cut it off about every 4 Years...and do the Same....but I don't think they would want it any more....too gray and Thin!!!! Old Age you know..and what good is a Man without His Hair anyways?? :o

Oh...and for the really nit-picky people like Me on here....I didn't bother setting the Date on the Camera....just put the Batteries in it ....and went for it!!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 09:26:17 pm by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 09:13:54 pm »
The tiller looks much better in the new pictures.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 09:17:48 pm »
  The bow look's good, But I think it needs a little scraping where the wide part is. But I doubt it will hurt if you don't. Is the boo still green?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2008, 09:24:34 pm »
  The bow look's good, But I think it needs a little scraping where the wide part is. But I doubt it will hurt if you don't. Is the boo still green?

Thanks Eddie....You all may be right....I think it could use a little scraping....maybe!!! Now the Bamboo.....it must have decided that it liked it Here....take a Look.....got all kinds of new growth starting

2024...We Will Overcome