Author Topic: Bows Protected by the 2nd Amendment?  (Read 8605 times)

Offline wolfsire

Re: Bows Protected by the 2nd Amendment?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 01:33:23 am »
There is a lot worse than a little vain and silly. 8)
Steve in LV, NV

stonecarver

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 05:16:16 am »
Eagles,
Many times I have heard them referred to as glorified vultures,
 and yes I have seen them eat anything from spawned salmon to road kill deer.
On the other hand I have seen a bald Eagle scarf up on a mallard greenhead leaving feathers floating everywhere.
Since moving to Alaska I have seen more fish snatched out of the bay by Eagles than I could count.
Here in Alaska small dogs and cats are Eagle fodder quite often,
 been a few heart broken tourists that were not aware their wiener dawg could be an Eagles fast food ;)
All and all I'd say they are just opportunists and will take a meal anyway they can get it :)
I'm glad turkeys are not the national bird,
to much fun hunt'n would have been lost.
But really isn't the american bird,
 next to your index finger? lol

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 11:14:16 am »

Here in Alaska small dogs and cats are Eagle fodder quite often,
 been a few heart broken tourists that were not aware their wiener dawg could be an Eagles fast food ;)

I would pay to come and see that. Talk about a tourist attraction.  >:D 
I have seen eagles kill and eat fox, so yes opportunist is more appropriate.  Lets see, making use of the materials you have to accomplish what you need to accomplish.  Sounds vaguely familiar........ Use the tools and materials you have to build bows and arrows.  Maybe we should make the eagle our survival mascot.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 12:32:40 pm »
Years ago, I read an article in one of the hunting magazines(maybe F&S) about an eagle flying up and over a ridge line to surprise a mountain goat, nock it off balance and reap the reward at the bottom of the mountain.      Pat

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline wolfsire

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 12:39:55 am »
I am not at all disappointed at the direction this thread had taken, but it is very asmusing.

Just to get absurdly on topic (not to discourage otherwi,se)  I postulate that the second amendment guarantee a right to hunt and in dire need that can include the bald eagle.  Yeah, thats the ticket.!
Steve in LV, NV

Offline sailordad

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 10:56:46 am »
I'm glad turkeys are not the national bird,
to much fun hunt'n would have been lost.
But really isn't the american bird,
 next to your index finger? lol

actually the tyrkey is "the american bird" as it is only found in the american continents,mostly just north america,and then mainly in the us.

the oscillated turkey is found in south america,and thanks to the NWTF turkeys are now found in canada also. so to say that isn't really the american bird is just a false statement.

members of the turkey family arent found any where else,some other birds may be referd to as being "turkeys" but dont truly belong in the same family as the turkeys here in north and south america,so YES it is truly an American bird.
just food for thought ;D
but i do agree there would have been alot of good hunting times lost if they would have been aour nations mascot.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd