Author Topic: Philippino Bows and arrows  (Read 13626 times)

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
Philippino Bows and arrows
« on: June 24, 2008, 12:05:05 am »
Here is a link I just found. It claims to have original bows and arrows from the Philippines. What do you guys think? are they for real. they look really cool. some are made from Palm.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:02:49 am by Justin Snyder »

Far East Archer

Re: Philippino Bows and arrows
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 12:52:50 am »
Hey Jim!
I'm not sure about the Moro tribe but my buddy knows a different tribe, from his mother's side, and the bows they made were short flatbow styles of palm wood as well. The arrows there look right to me, same style of wrapping behind the points except the one Ive seen had iron points. I wont doubt these are the real thing, because they do look like it. Pretty cool find!  :)

Alex

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 02:05:56 am »
Jim, sorry but I had to delete the link. PA does not allow links to non advertising sites on the message board.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 12:13:07 pm »
You gotta be kidding me!   How many times are we able to see philippino bows and arrows. I have heard so many guys who leave this site for these silly reasons. How plain silly can you be about this. It was some really cool info.

Offline adb

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 12:15:09 pm »
Hey, Jim. The rules are the rules. If you don't like it, I'm sure you'd be happy somewhere else. It's not fair to the advertisers, who are PAYING to have their names on this forum. You're one of them!!!! Aren't you shooting yourself in the foot?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 04:46:53 pm by adb3112 »

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 12:21:17 pm »
For anyopne who wants to see the link just type in Philippino MORO bows and arrows and do a search. it will come up for you.  I really do not fit in here.Hope the best for you guys left.

Offline rudderbows

• Rudderbows Archery
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 12:58:45 pm »
For anyopne who wants to see the link just type in Philippino MORO bows and arrows and do a search. it will come up for you.  I really do not fit in here.Hope the best for you guys left.
I am a paying advertiser too. = We have many customers from this website and a few of them are expressing thier high disatisfaction with cencorship here. Ease back on the regulation and let it grow a bit. Its an awesome website. So since you invited me to leave I will ask the same of you . Why dont you leave cause i love this place and am staying. ? . Its better to use a degree of judgement and change the rigidity of the rules.  Keep your "Leave here"  attidutude to yourself and think beyond that.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 04:13:35 pm »
Glad to see you changed your mind Jim.  I didn't get to see the link so can't comment on it. If they were a business site then as a coutesy to advertisers it has to be removed or modified so that it does not come up as a link. 

Maybe as a suggestion you could post a querry asking if anybody would like to see these and if they do they can send you a PM or e-mail.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

brian melton

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 08:37:35 pm »
Marc,

I have NO gain in this, but would like clarification to the rule Justin is talking about.....Could Jim put links to his site here??? If not.....why??? I am on your side here Jim..... rediculious!!! We are entitled to opinions I hope!!!

As for you ADB3112....I think you are overstepping your boundries by asking people to leave.....Some of these people have been here for YEARS...HOW LONG YOU BEEN AROUND BUD???

Brian
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:42:03 pm by brian melton »

Offline adb

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 09:10:00 pm »
I didn't ask him to leave, "bud." I suggested if he thought this forum was silly, then maybe he would be happier elsewhere. Go back and read the post. The rules have to apply to everyone. Jim & Brian... why are you guys getting all bent outta shape (pardon the pun)? Jim... you posted items for sale. That's a no-no. Everybody knows that, including you. The paying advertisers need to get value for their hard earned dollar. I'm sure you, of all people, can understand that. Brian... you have an opinion? So do others. Items for sale is not an "opinion." If you both think that is ridiculous or silly, then maybe, in fact, you would be happier at another forum. Brian... I won't dignify your "how long have you been around" comment. Stick to the issue.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 09:24:59 pm by adb3112 »

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 09:23:40 pm »
Jim....don't let One Smart Ass Remark make you think of Leaving.....if anyone has a right to be here....it's a Bowyer ....that is also a Paying...... Advertising Participant in both the Magazine and the Primitive Archer Board......I don't agree with the Rules all the Time either....and have bumped Heads a bunch....and gotten no where....but there are too many Friends and too much Information for Me to get ticked off and leave

Brian...as for how long he's been here....since 09/2006..... so He ought to know that We as Members have no right to tell people where to go and when to leave....thats up to the Global and Administrative Moderators to do.....not Us

As for Opinions.... that all depends too....there is no freedom of Speech on a Board....you agreed to their Rules....not the Constuttions...at least this is what I was told!!!

Go to Jim's site if you are Interested in Philippine Bows

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 01:20:55 pm by Justin Snyder »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline adb

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 09:30:27 pm »
Everyone go back and read Jim's reply after Justin pulled his thread. Was I the only one offended?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 09:51:06 pm »
Mike, your posting the link to Jim's site doesn't help, the bows were not on his site.  It was a commercial site that was not an advertiser.  This rule has been around as long as this site.  If you can copy the bow pictures you are welcome to post them here.  You can also state the name of the website, but no direct links are allowed.  As for the logic of the rule. If someone wanted to publish their business add in the magazine without paying, and PA said no would you think it was dumb.  If they sale ad space to one person it doesn't make since to allow it free to another.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 10:03:32 pm »
Hey don't think I am trying to be a One Man Jim Boswell Backer....because I am not....He can stick up for Himself....but I think He was just trying to let people see the Bow and maybe learn by it's design...not advertise this Crappy eBayish Website... I believe that this was Innocent....and telling Him that maybe He would be better somewhere else...was out of line too........

I agree with you Justin.....100%.......nobody should have a free ticket to sell on a Site that is regulated....the rules state no Selling...only Bartering and Trade Allowed....And I know that this Site is a Privilege and the Magazine does not have to have it....but without it and Us....I believe the Magazine would greatly suffer too....So We are the Magazine in a Way.....aren't We???
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 10:26:35 pm »
I try to be fair in all my work here so I leave any feelings I may have, positive or negative, aside. 

The only thing I might add to all this is that when it is somebody else posting a link, however innocent it may be, that should not be here Jim and his friend Justin are the first to complain to us mods and admins.  I guess you could say what goes around comes around.

That Brian is something you probably don't know.

Only the subscribers help the magazine Mike.  There are plenty of members that do not subscribe to the PA magazine. That is really what irked Mike Moore years ago, so many members, so few subscribers. Ah well, that was another life  ::)
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com